Friends dont let friends buy from Parts Geek

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
This may be a bit premature but after dealing with online parts suppliers for many years I have come to "feel" when something is about to go south. I have dealt with many suppliers over the years and most have been a reliable source of parts, whether it was for a bike or a car. I decided to try a new to me supplier, Parts Geek, as they had good prices and free shipping. But I did not do my due diligence beforehand like i usually do. That's on me. More on that later. I ordered some mud flaps and a bug deflector for my SUV. Simple items to see how this company does. All boxes appeared to have been repacked. Almost like they were returned from some other customer and reshipped to me. Mudflaps were fine. Bugshield was another story. It has a finger length scratch across the front of it. I sent an email to Parts Geek on Saturday and I received a return number this AM. However they expect me to pay for return shipping even after I notified them about the item being already damaged in the box when I opened it. It too looked like it was repackaged and sent out to another sucker, in this case, me. I tried calling them and after a 30 minute hold I finally got a hold of an alleged customer service rep who had no CS skills whatsoever. I explained the situation to him and now I am waiting for their decision on whether they would cover the cost of shipping the shield back. He has to confer with his bosses. and would let me know in a few hours. Did I say the item was already damaged inside the box, which looked like it was repacked?

Now, back to the due diligence part. I should have done this from the start but I checked complaints on this company and I found hundreds of complaints against them. Poor customer service, unable to contact them, having to eat shipping costs even though it was their fault....you get the picture. I also discovered that they have an F rating with the BBB. So, while I wait for their decision I thought I would post this rather lengthy warning as a lesson on checking out a company that you have never done business with before. However this goes I will not do business with them in the future. If you have to even think about whether a customer should be charged to return a damaged item based on the companies negligence then I wont give them any future business.

Rant over.......:mad::banghead:

That's why i love YouTube you can find most any information out there. This guy kinda lays it out, i don't know why there is static in parts of his video but looks like your not the only one with a rant... Read the comments below the videos. You might have some recourse if you used your credit card, i'd call them up and explain the situation ..good luck
BBB Business Profile | Parts Geek

Thanks for posting that, TRIIICK.

I finally got them to agree to pay the return cost and they sent me a FedEx label. Now the kicker. It will take between 2 and 6 weeks to process (or whenever they feel like getting to it) then send it to the mfg to be assessed. So it may take me another 2 months to get this straightened out. I decided to compound the scratch and it is now pretty hard to see. I mounted it this AM and unless you are looking hard for it, you cannot see the scratch. I'll take the hit and chalk it up to stupidity on my part.

Thanks for posting that, TRIIICK.

I finally got them to agree to pay the return cost and they sent me a FedEx label. Now the kicker. It will take between 2 and 6 weeks to process (or whenever they feel like getting to it) then send it to the mfg to be assessed. So it may take me another 2 months to get this straightened out. I decided to compound the scratch and it is now pretty hard to see. I mounted it this AM and unless you are looking hard for it, you cannot see the scratch. I'll take the hit and chalk it up to stupidity on my part.

Good for you, Dog!
My back won't allow me to bend over that far! :eek: :p

Back