Fresh off the Dyno

REBLX136

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R 15 Rocket Roadster
CC01B470-7354-461F-B406-8D77E2337CEF.jpeg
just finished with the blokes at BSD to get my Roadster smoothed out after Ram air install and Dp shorties fitted. Gotta say very happy with the results, runs how she should now, no burping and farting hit load smoother and gobs of torque... big smiles all around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious - I've not seen this before . . .
Is 20 ft lbs more torque than hp unusual for a stock engine?

For the RamAir and slip on pipes I would say it is correct, to get more HP(speed) a bigger header and some or a lot of engine work.:D

I have had a half dozen dyno tunes on my R3R over its life span, since 2012.
K&N 2780s w/ TORs, K&N 2780s w/ CES, RamAir w/ CES and in all, the torque and HP were very close.
Wondering what is the explanation for this 20n disparity???

Gurus???

I have had a half dozen dyno tunes on my R3R over its life span, since 2012.
K&N 2780s w/ TORs, K&N 2780s w/ CES, RamAir w/ CES and in all, the torque and HP were very close.
Wondering what is the explanation for this 20n disparity???

Gurus???
Stock motor with stock exhaust seems to run about 120 hp with 140 tq. Even factory numbers from the crank show 145 hp and 165 tq. Better flowing exhaust seems to raise hp more than tq.

From what I understand by the way he explained it after doing more than a dozen of these– if i were looking for outright power changing the headers is a must but also he would have to swap out the injectors for something that simply pumps more gas. Apparently In the past they have experimented with a different regulator to run higher fuel pressure, but that makes ‘em feel snatchy.

Without swapping injectors they can still achieve maximum torque, but pay for it by losing 4-5bhp at the very top end.

To be fair though given the current state of UK roads belting up to 80 odd is where the funs at, gone are the days of pinning it on the the M6 toll road hahaha

Back