Frank Stephenson Design reveals a design to shake up the motorcycle world

MCN

Living Legend
frank_stephenson_design.jpg
Design house Frank Stephenson have released a teasing artists impression of a futuristic bike they are currently developing. Unveiled at the Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum in Alabama, the bike’s...

Continue reading...

Ah yes.....well....I guess we will look forward to seeing more bike concepts where you'd have to be a contortionist or handstand endurance record breaker to be able to ride one without your chiropractor on speed-dial ;)

Concept 'teasers' are often quite misleading and an exaggeration of the actual production item. At the end of the day a motorcycle has to consist of 2 wheels, a seat, rider controls and more importantly, a HUMAN BEING to make it all work!
Until we see the finished bike, it is simply an artist's impression.
That said, I will look out for this project when/if it becomes reality.

Concept 'teasers' are often quite misleading and an exaggeration of the actual production item. At the end of the day a motorcycle has to consist of 2 wheels, a seat, rider controls and more importantly, a HUMAN BEING to make it all work!
Until we see the finished bike, it is simply an artist's impression.
That said, I will look out for this project when/if it becomes reality.
Motorcycle has rarely been starved of good styling over the decades and there has been a fair number of very striking future concepts dotted in that same timeframe.
Like you have illuded to in your comment, the big limiting factor regarding styling possibilities is the fact that a rider needs to fit on it....sometimes it needs to accommodate two people.
Add the unavoidable impact of weight distribution etc... and the layout/design proportions are a big limiting factor styling-wise.
That said, within the confines to the architecture, we have enjoyed some beautiful styling and engineering solutions.

One aspect that I am interested to see, is how electrification will affect styling, as the very different packaging requirements will open up new possibilities.
So far I haven't seen anything I could say is very new or radical.

Even the relatively new Zero range sticks firmly to the same format - 2 wheels, engine in the middle and rider on top. I am hoping to see more innovation with maybe a rider height similar to sports cars with only batteries underneath him - hub centre steering, fully enclosed bodywork etc.
suprine-exodus.jpg
a982dd132489143.61a9dd1269497.jpg

Imagine losing the huge lumps of engines and everything can get really radical! I could go on for ages
8bbca317910893.630322935a54a.jpg

Last edited:
@RazMan I can imagine that until electric bike market becomes more established, they will stay fairly traditional looking, but i'm pretty confident that someone will come along a blow the market wide open with something very new, in the not too distant future.

Back