Found a Power Commander V and Auto Tuner in bike ?????

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
My new to me 2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 1200 Sport has a Mistral exhaust and a cat eliminator pipe. Runs well and sounds really good. Today digging thru the wiring I found a Power Commander V and the accompanying PC Auto Tuner.

How do you use and tune these things ?

Haha, congrats on the find. They're super easy to use, just need to download the software and plug it in. It's 1000 times less tempermental than connecting TuneECU.
If it's running good etc just connect and backup the tune file for the future.

Haha, congrats on the find. They're super easy to use, just need to download the software and plug it in. It's 1000 times less tempermental than connecting TuneECU.
If it's running good etc just connect and backup the tune file for the future.
Exactly what Rob said.

Guzzi original ECUs can be a bit temperamental - even with Pro grade software they can throw a wobbly. Leave well alone. And if the PCV/AT is on then just run. Mistral pipes have a nice sound always.

I want to see if a better tune can be installed as this bike doesn't have the kind of power I would expect with these mods. I ordered a Dobeck EJK Gen 3 fueler for it before I discovering the PC V setup.

I want to see if a better tune can be installed as this bike doesn't have the kind of power I would expect with these mods. I ordered a Dobeck EJK Gen 3 fueler for it before I discovering the PC V setup.
Hmmm what sort of power are you expecting? The Breva 1200 engine is what it is. It's a bit too oversquare and not, ime, all that revvy. It is near bulletproof.

Guzzi tend to understress their engines. The new Cali motor can happily put out a good 20% more (and stay inside Euro4) grunt than it does - but Guzzi deliberately decided NOT to.

Will surprise me hugely if you can get 100RWHP and it is only 80ftlbs new but NOT low down. Whilst it does NOT have the super heavy flywheel of the oldies - you need to get it spinning and works best if you pretend it does have one.

If it were me - I would get on the Guzzi forums and ask for tunes. Powwer Commander issued tunes (certainly for the R3) are way to rich. I would also get to a Guzzi dealer and make sure the base Guzzi tune is up to date. Guzzi do issue revised maps - not often, but I know they have.

Just want to second that the tunes on the PC site are less than ideal. I’ve not seen one yet that actually worked well.

Back