Fork Spring Tool question

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
Can someone with the fork spring tool take some measurements for me? I've got access to plenty of 6061 AL thick wall pipe and was just going to cut a piece and drill/tap two holes. I would like to know what the inside diameter the circle portion is, so I can select the right size piece. Also, I need know what size the holes are in the spacer or what size the actual bolt portion of the tool is so I can get the right size bolts. Figure, the pipe scraps are free and I'll only be out the cost of two bolts (if I don't have the right size laying around). If it doesn't work out I can always buy the actual tool, but I like playing around making things. Thanks.

There is a picture of it in my signature link. You may be able to work backwards to get the measurements by figuring the circumference of the ring and what it fits over.

I know what it looks like. Was just trying to get an idea what the ring circumference was so I picked the right ID piece of pipe to start working with. Have a good idea, was just hoping for a little help prior to starting disassembly. If no one responds, I'll figure it out. No biggy.

hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG-5450.JPG
    IMG-5450.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-5451.JPG
    IMG-5451.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-5452.JPG
    IMG-5452.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-5453.JPG
    IMG-5453.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-5454.JPG
    IMG-5454.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 35
I read this thread a few days ago and it hit a raw nerve. After reading it I went searching for a fork rebuild kit and found it today under the work bench in my shop, covered in cobwebs.
Years ago, one of the moderators on the .com site, a local rider who's been to my home and I to his, gave me a kit in a box that he put together, suggesting that I pass it on to other forum members when I was finished. Note that he gave it to me. I passed it around to a couple of forum members and then lost track of it. I finally found it in the back of a closet, where my lovely wife had stashed it when it was returned to me. I had no idea it was in my house or that she had put it in this closet, finding it during a cleaning. I posted on the other site that I'd found it and got the most vicious and rancorous responses, included that I was a thief who had I'd stolen it. It belonged to me. It is one of the reasons I dropped off that website because there were some very vicious jerks on it. I tossed it under my work bench, where it has sat until today.
So, I have this kit sitting on the top of my workbench if anyone wants it. I'm thinking that it will be a pass around for site members. Back then we paid the freight for sending it back and forth.

Last edited:
Back