WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
Question for those that changed their own springs...

Can the Fork Leg Caps come off without the fork guts coming out? Does the upper circlip hold everything in?

My mechanic marred one of mine, looks like the wrench slipped and started to round out the hex. Thinking of replacing it.

Thanks

Question for those that changed their own springs...

Can the Fork Leg Caps come off without the fork guts coming out? Does the upper circlip hold everything in?

My mechanic marred one of mine, looks like the wrench slipped and started to round out the hex. Thinking of replacing it.

Thanks
Gotta jack it up at least when undoing the end cap then lower the bike till it comes up far enough to get a 14mm spanner under the lock nut then you can remove the end cap to replace.
IMG_7742.JPG

Gotta jack it up at least when undoing the end cap then lower the bike till it comes up far enough to get a 14mm spanner under the lock nut then you can remove the end cap to replace.
IMG_7742.JPG

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify though, this can be done without the inside of the forks coming out?

Yep , but looking at this again. Once there is a aluminium tube that sits on the spring that needs to be lowered (it’s under tension from the spring) to get to the 14mm lock nut.
EF29750B-F89F-4C1D-A196-791CB32B830D.jpeg
34BC9ABA-5FD7-4AD9-BD5F-10EE4BD30709.jpeg

Ok, not that big of a deal for now then.

If I decide to go up to 10w, I’ll inquire if you still have them

Ok, not that big of a deal for now then.

If I decide to go up to 10w, I’ll inquire if you still have them
10W is too much IMO.
you would be best installing progressive springs and standard oil. Then changing the caps

Back