For those of you who golf

wjb

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
When I bought my '08 Touring it came with an unusual contraption, The previous owner stated that it came with the bike when he bought it and said it is a golf bag carrier. I collected it even tho I don't golf. Well, as I looked into it I found out that it is incomplete. I have the carrier but the actual mount that attaches it to the bike was missing. My research concluded that the unit came from a company called 2X2 cycles. I reached out to them and they can supply the missing mount and 2 straps (velcro). They stated the straps are $15.00 and the quick detach mount is $140.00.
So if one of my fellow forum members would want to have it and could use it, I am willing to give you the carrier if you would pay for shipping. I checked at my local UPS store and they said the cost to ship it cross country (west coast to east coast) would be around $60.00. You would then have to purchase the parts to complete it.
Here are a couple of pics.
golf mount.jpg
golfmount.jpg

Interesting, I ran into a guy at a Laconia NH Rally back around 2004 who said he had filed a patent for a golf bag carrier for a MC.

I never saw them advertised but I wonder if it was made by the same guy.

I personally have backpack type straps on my bag with a snap-on club cover and just throw it on and rest it on the back of my seat.
It's fine as long as you keep it below 60 MPH or else it gets a little squirrely...

The snobbier courses don't appreciate seeing me pull up or leaving on a loud bike carrying my clubs but F'em, my money's green.

The trailer hitch I just put on my bike is a bit overkill for the bag but it would make for a nice looking solid base if someone couldn't find the mounting
bracket designed for it.

US$362 for chrome hitch and chrome braces. Triumph Rocket III
Or fabricate one based on this simple design!!

20200508_224147269_iOS.jpg

I be one 'o them domesticated bikers.

I also tried briefly once to bunji my snow skis on the bike but they interfered with the steering and were too long to go across the pillion and gave up.

Mounting skis would be easy with the golf bag carrier above.

It must be genetic to combine activities. My Dad has a crate mounted on his bike to hold beaver or other animals he traps and a leather gun case to hold a 22LR to shoot them with. I probably posted a picture of his Fur Harvesting Two Wheeler before.

Interesting, I ran into a guy at a Laconia NH Rally back around 2004 who said he had filed a patent for a golf bag carrier for a MC.

I never saw them advertised but I wonder if it was made by the same guy.

I personally have backpack type straps on my bag with a snap-on club cover and just throw it on and rest it on the back of my seat.
It's fine as long as you keep it below 60 MPH or else it gets a little squirrely...

The snobbier courses don't appreciate seeing me pull up or leaving on a loud bike carrying my clubs but F'em, my money's green.

The trailer hitch I just put on my bike is a bit overkill for the bag but it would make for a nice looking solid base if someone couldn't find the mounting
bracket designed for it.

US$362 for chrome hitch and chrome braces. Triumph Rocket III
Or fabricate one based on this simple design!!

20200508_224147269_iOS.jpg

Tribal - what headers are those on your machine?

Back