Rango

Rocket addicted
Ride
2005 Classic
ANY FOR SALE????

I'm looking for LHS standard footpeg for my 2005 Classic. Mine is broken, so if anyone has changed their standard pegs to floorboards and want to offload one or a pair, I'd be interested.

The Classics all had floorboards. If yours is a 2005 model then it is a Standard, not a Classic. There are important differences between the two, and some parts off one will need work to fit on the other.

The Classics all had floorboards. If yours is a 2005 model then it is a Standard, not a Classic. There are important differences between the two, and some parts off one will need work to fit on the other.

Thanks idk for the heads up. Are you saying even if I obtain footpegs, they may possibly not fit?

I think he's saying that if you have an '05 it's not a Classic. And if he's not, then I am. Classic's had foot boards and Standards had pegs. Of course many owners have changed them over the years so you could well have a Classic with pegs - but not if it's an '05. If it's an '05, it's a Standard or just plain old Rocket III. If you have pegs you need to ask for a Standard peg, even if you have a Classic that now has pegs. :)

Thanks idk for the heads up. Are you saying even if I obtain footpegs, they may possibly not fit?
You could fit some Raask rear sets? That's what I did. They are a little bit high, but I like them. Rear set is a bit of a misnomer - I'd say they were normal position for a non-cruiser.

You also need to be careful which year you get the pegs off of. The Roadster pegs will not fit on the standards. The Standard pegs will fit on the Roadster, but not the other way round

Hi idk, R3Tex, CanberraR3 and Midlifecrises,

Thanks for your interest and input.
A bit confusion nevertheless I must have a STANDARD. Thank you.

Situation is - I've ordered 2 pairs of foot pegs off eBay both of which stated they'd fit a Rocket 3, but none fit. I can go to the local dealer in town who wants a fortune for a set furthermore they're plain, nothing special so I'm not keen on that.

The 'Stiletto Style' foot pegs which I like the most do fit but..........
a) They are too narrow. They can be spaced with washers.
b) The square edge on the back which stops the peg at the correct level angle is not long enough to ensure they sit level so they drop down to about 30 degrees. I was thinking I'd drill a hole into the back of the foot rest 'U' housing, thread it and put a bolt in which can be screwed to the correct depth to allow for correct level.

BTW, I've put one of my rear ones on the front temporarily to keep me going.

Wot do y'al think?
Please see pics.

Attachments

• P1040434.JPG
    P1040434.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P1040435.JPG
    P1040435.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 1
I have found round pegs can be tiresome on a long trip, especially to the instep of my feet.
Always thought boards to be for old men until 40 years ago when my job required me to ride motor for 40 hours a week.

I have found round pegs can be tiresome on a long trip, especially to the instep of my feet.
Always thought boards to be for old men until 40 years ago when my job required me to ride motor for 40 hours a week.

Fair comment you 'Ol bull you.
But as I don't really do that much long distance riding, round pegs are suitable for me.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Back