relax

.020 Over
Hi, what kind of shoes do you wear riding the R3? I find quite tricky to peddle the bike around when the pavement is slippery for any reason, first drops of rain, dirt of whatever.
Many thaks in advance.

I've always wore tennis shoes or my standard work boots when riding any bike (35 years now). When I rallied with a friend at Strugis this past year, he purchased a new pair of riding boots & gave me his old $150 pair of Hardley boots. I would never have guessed that "riding boots" would make that much difference. My sister tried to tell me a few years back that I needed to make that investment (she has been around & on Hardleys for years) but I still didn't.

That "free" pair of riding boots is what sold me. I cannot believe the difference in the confidence I have with those boots on. Absolutely the difference between night & day when you put your foot on the pavement, even with a little chat here & there or moisture as well. No more slipping & off-balance feeling while navigating into a parking spot or otherwise. Especially in "reverse".

I know that this does not focus on an answer to your question but I had to throw my 2 cents worth in. "Riding boots" make the riding experience more pleasurable & solid.

See ya.

I know that this does not focus on an answer to your question but I had to throw my 2 cents worth in. "Riding boots" make the riding experience more pleasurable & solid.

Yes it does. Thank you.

I too appreciate the fit and style of the Xelement boots. https://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mo...rcycle-Lace-Up-Biker-Comfort-Boots/41688.html
I'm a bit retentive when it comes to riding gear and rarely ride without my full accoutrement. In 90+ degree summer heat it's a bit over the top with a leather jacket and chaps but as I said, I'm a tad retentive. I'd rather sweat than bleed. If it's happened once it's occurred numerous times where rocks kicked up and thrown by vehicles I'm trailing have hit me in the shin. Without chaps I'd have suffered gashes of variable severity. A good pair of leggings would work.

Lug soles give me greater assurance of good footing on most any road or parking surface.

Last edited:
Very interesting question. I'm not as retentive as HeR3tic but I suit up with my Triumph riding boots most of the time. Everything I put on was in the wreck and mostly unscathed. Jacket, gloves, boots, and helmet which has some evidence of unintended travel. I stay back from traffic so the debri has settled pretty much.;)

Cruiserworks

I wear a pair of "Short Zip" boots from Cruiserworks.

Probably the most comfortable boot I've ever worn and they're rugged. Also like the oil resistant bottoms.

If you have an exceptionally high arch like mine, this boot's for you. Easier to make the turn into the boot with the side zipper giving you the extra flex and the sides not being quite so high.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

Back