Fog Lights Switch ????????????

ozbeast

Standard Bore
Just checking to see if ive been ripped off again (always happens to me )
had fog lights fitted to 2006 rocket (extra black extra fast !!!!)and have been fitted with a pathetic cheap garbage ****e toggle switch to isolate lights , just wondering if anyone knows whether there is a quality triumph switch that should have accompanied the lights or is this a forgotten extra by the gods at triumph .
if by any chance i have been RIPPED AGAIN the spare parts boys at my dealer are going to have a 130kg very fcking angry rocket owner jumping their counter and shoving their overflowing cash register up their
rear end .... :evil:

Not sure about the switch but watch them a Peter thevens when it comes to servicing,I took mine there once and will never go back :twisted:

I,v got heated grips with a big black frame switch silver toggle style, with a spare spot for another toggle, maybe when I get fog lights, which I want one day, they,ll add the same as you have to my switch mount.. Looks crap but works so easy! Suspect its genuine!!

PS This is my first technical post info so it,ll turn out to be wrong!! Note the confidence, now the post on picking genuine breasts, note the arrogance!!

Cheers.

PS Are the fog lights any good?

I think they look very industrial and cool. Like the toggles on a WW2 airplane.

I have the heated grips and the fog lights, the two switches look better than the single with the blank.

What do you want? Those big bulky Harley-style rocker switches. I'll take the Triumphs with their unique look and tactile detents. They fit the style and personality of the machine.

I thought the toggle switches were cheap and goofy looking the first time I got them, but now I'm with Renton. They're "retro-style" heavy duty, water resistant switches. Works fine with the Rocket's industrial tech personality now that I've had them for a while.

I think the people whinin' about these switches are the thumbsuckers that've been wheened on slick modern beemers, shiny chromied HDs or practical and ergonomically correct Jap bikes for too many years. :lol:

yep agree crap switch would have been beter to utilise the bloody defunct light switch unit lol. might look at farkeling one up...

Fog light switch

I can't remember what mine looks like as the big bastard is stuck away in storage for the winter. I can comment on how effective they are though.

Marvelous addition.

When tooling around on country roads at night, the added lite area is huge. I tell my friends I feel like I have the Batman spotlight on as the lite area is round. It reaches well into the ditches and corn rows. They are so good that I actually see critters that are well away from the road (their eyes reflecting back) and it causes a bit more caution - which is probably a good thing. I don't like the switch being away from the grip though. Hate taking my hand off to flip it when cars approach and know critters are lurking. Thinking about that, I wonder how bad the oncoming effect is? Never been highbeamed by oncoming but I flip it well in advance.

There must be some alignment specs that one should follow too. I haven't seen anything about it though - they were shop installed.

Anyways, they're a real good thing to have and I would have lusted after them if they hadn't been on the big bastard when I got it.

Now I'm struggling to identify what I'm lusting after next- besides a calender full of big breasted babes sitting on my Rocket . Probably put three or four on there somehow for July's pic...

Ja... you all take it easy.

Giles

:twisted:

Classicflh, talk about alignment. The locals pull the bikes up to a blank wall at bike night and turn on one, then another and compare notes. Like schoolboys peeing in the snow. I have the fog/driving lights and it puts all the other bikes to shame when it lights up the wall. Technical adjustment is still limited to kicking or hitting the lights with the palm or fist.

Just another note related to G-Man's Harley switches.............

1. You purchase the housing separately from the switches. So, G-Man purchased two housings (each housing has three slots) and six switches (that fit into the housings).

2. If you only need one switch, Harley makes a digital clock for this housing. So, you could have this housing with one switch AND a digital clock. The clock requres the use of two slots, one for the actual clock and the other for the hour/minute set buttons.

Back