Fly screen solid or see through?

Troy

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 roadster 2014
I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on having a solid fly screen, or one you can see through. I didn't know if they were even possible to get down below and look through. Any advice would help. Thx!

I have both the solid gloss black fly and the clear sports screen. I'll have to check again but pretty sure the clear sport screen is slightly bigger although they use the same mounting system. I doubt anyone looks through it much as you would have to be prone on the tank which does not come naturally with the peg, bar and tank positions on either std R3 or R3Rs. The advantage of clear besides coverage is it doesn't change the std profile and look of the R3R nearly as much as the solid flys do. The chrome and light shows through and does not make a solid profiile change etc. I have not fitted the black one yet but there are heaps of photos in the forum to see the differences and make a preference. I think the color matched ones are a different look again.

The Solid Looks better, but honostly even if you got the Clear one, you wouldn't be looking through it. its way too low to look through, its just a styling thing.

I had a black one on my 08, looked good. That would be my choice.

Plus you would have to keep the clear one clean on both sides.

I bought the clear sports screen as it look virtually invisible i.e. it doesn't intrude but still does the job. IMO the solid screen looks like a beetle wing stuck on the front but that's just me.

Solid ..... who want's a windshield want to be by using the clear one.... I mean come on you don't even sit low enough to see through the stupid thing.

Anyone know just how many windshields are available from Triumph for the Rocket?
. . . and what are the different dims?

Anyone know just how many windshields are available from Triumph for the Rocket?
. . . and what are the different dims?
Calmoto parts site is a good starting point and need to search under Std/Classic/Roadster and Touring separately. Summer, Tall, Short, Touring, Sport, Fly and the list goes on. I was astounded at the number of color matched fly screen variants originally and maybe still - even your yellow striped one is there.

Calmoto parts site is a good starting point and need to search under Std/Classic/Roadster and Touring separately. Summer, Tall, Short, Touring, Sport, Fly and the list goes on. I was astounded at the number of color matched fly screen variants originally and maybe still - even your yellow striped one is there.

I couldn't get there on the Calmoto site.
Perhaps a link, Amigo?

I couldn't get there on the Calmoto site.
Perhaps a link, Amigo?

Went into selection as Rocket 3 Classic/Roadster 2011 - to find earlier R3 and RT simply back up on the pull down menus or click on the previous level. You sometimes have to hunt through the different product categories to find what you are after but they handily have links to related products under the schematics.

Scroll down to 29 different flyscreens listed, 12 were/are available as complete kits and 17 just the screen. I don't think all colors are duplicated as both kits or just screens so you will need to check.

Flyscreen. Fits: 2011 Triumph Rocket III Classic/Roadster | CalMoto Triumph Parts

Repeat process for screens in other years

Back