Florida Riders—Ride through the Green Swamp 1/12/19

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
Florida Riders, anyone interested in a ride through the Green Swamp of Central Florida? We will meet 1/12/19, at the Flying J Travel Center, 29933 FL-52, San Antonio, FL 33576, at 10:00 am. If there is enough interest, we can stop at Iron Horse Werks along the way. This is a shop which works on old Triumphs, Moto Guzzis, BSAs, Nortons, BMWs, and Ariels. Their entrance is like a museum with these old marques lining the floor and walls. I could see if Scott, the owner, would be willing to give us a tour and show us the bikes he is working on at the moment. A really cool place. Here is the website. After that, we would go through the northern part of the Green Swamp on the way to Uncle Kenny's BBQ in Clermont for lunch. After lunch we would then head south to go through the southern end of the Green Swamp and end up back at the Flying J Travel Center. With both stops, we should be back at the Flying J about 3:30-4:00 pm.

Edit: Here is a video I took of the entrance to Iron Horse Werks. About halfway through, I turned the phone around not realizing the video would not change perspective. 1st half is OK, the second half is turned on its side. Oops.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in this ride? Forecast says the skies will be partly cloudy, 63˚F at the start and 74˚F for a high. If you want to stop at Iron Horse Werks, indicate that as well and I will ask if we can get a tour including the bikes they are currently working on.

Dang, once again, close but no cigar. I should be down in 10-12 days, probably be there till May

Somehow I've got to get to Florida one day to ride with my friend Dave @scot in exile. And now Tripps. I miss Florida and it seems many of my old Navy buddies who stayed to work in the DC area after leaving the area are retiring and moving there.

Somehow I've got to get to Florida one day to ride with my friend Dave @scot in exile. And now Tripps. I miss Florida and it seems many of my old Navy buddies who stayed to work in the DC area after leaving the area are retiring and moving there.

Got an extra bike if you don't ride there and a locked barn for yours if you do.

Back