Florida R3 Captains: Herb's Limestone Country Club and Solomon’s Castle

dandiego

Turbocharged
Ride
2009 R3T
For the Florida Rocket Riders, here are two places—close together—where we can ride and meet up for a drink and talk R3s:

Herb's Limestone Country Club

5300 S. County Road 663

Limestone, FL

phone: 941-468-4829

Located between State Road 64 and State Road 70. (Intersection of CR's 663 & 661)

This is in the middle of NOWHERE! Herb's Limestone Country Club a piece of 'old Florida' & is the only business in Limestone! lol

(Herb is a biker & this is a Biker's Bar.)

The last Sunday of the month Herb has a Biker Party BBQ with music!

We can check out Solomon's Castle while we're here. Ever hear of Ona, Florida? Ona is next door to Limestone!

--------------------------------------

Solomon's Castle

Tours Daily 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Adults: $10.00 inc tax

Welcome to Solomon's Castle.

Enter the gates and begin the tour of an architectural wonder in Ona, Florida. The castle is big and shiny, just as castles are meant to be. It has a tower, stained glass windows and a moat. This structure was built entirely by the hands of the artist, Howard Solomon, internationally known

sculptor. The gleaming exterior is made of the printing plates discarded by the local weekly newspaper. Within the castle are the family's living quarters, a stained glass studio, a main entrance hall, and the extensive galleries, exhibiting Solomon's "found object" sculptures. There are more than 80 interpretations of stained glass windows throughout Solomon's Castle. Come visit Solomon's Castle, the home and studio of internationally known sculptor Howard Solomon. Enjoy The Boat in The Moat restaurant. This is one of Florida's most unique experiences. See the castle grounds, beautifully designed by Peggy Solomon, and walk along the magnificent nature trail in the sylvan setting of picturesque Horse Creek. There are many surprises to behold at Solomon's Castle.

Solomon's Castle

Howard S. Solomon

4533 Solomon Rd.

Ona, FL 33865

Telephone: (863) 494-6077

I have cousins in Tampa and St Pete, the one in St Pete rides, too, so I could visit him for a couple days. also my cousin's husband in the Villages rides, so I have a few options.

This is a little over 3 hours from us plus we have friends (who ride) in Tampa. With what I have going on with family and at work and my wife's probable new job (she was like "That would be great!") I probably wouldn't be able to pull anything off until after Jan. Sounds like the perfect mental break though and good to meet up with fellow riders.
-MIG

Back