Dennis B.

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Can't seem to find the information on the forum so I am just going to ask: is there a way to replace the floorboards with regular foot pegs? Is there a kit or am I going to have to do some type of engineering?

I have a set of standard pegs and rails i will swap you if you like.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't feel right doing that. I've gone down a few times and now they (especially the right side) are scratched and bent.
The main reason I am asking is because I have developed osteoarthritis in my hips and it is easier to use pegs versus boards. Thanks mate.

Do you still have them Mittzy?

Looking to trade into a 2007 Classic, but don’t like / want boards.

Would this be a straight swap; boards off pegs on? Cld be my solution :)

So do I here in Canberra, Australia. R3 Std pegs rails, gear lever, brake pedal lines etc.off a 2008.

Isn't the Classic brake lever much bigger and different to the Standard version with pegs, or is that just the Touring. The gear lever too where the Classic has a rocker gear shift? or maybe just the links may be different. I have forgotten but @warp9.9 , @idk , @barbagris or @Tripps will remember

e77363a5c80de6f873a897c2f562d83e.png

So do I here in Canberra, Australia. R3 Std pegs rails, gear lever, brake pedal lines etc.off a 2008.

Isn't the Classic brake lever much bigger and different to the Standard version with pegs, or is that just the Touring. The gear lever too where the Classic has a rocker gear shift? or maybe just the links may be different. I have forgotten but @warp9.9 , @idk , @barbagris or @Tripps will remember

e77363a5c80de6f873a897c2f562d83e.png
Yes mate. Got that toggle gear lever and a car sized brake pedal, neither of which I like.

I’m an old skool pegs and levers guy.

Would your set bolt straight on to this Classic I’m looking at?

I don’t think I can live with floor boards and that daft confining toggle gear shift lever ... :-/

Yep, they direct swap but you need the brake and gear lever complete setups too. Some parts are no longer available from Triumph but some are, especially if it is just a washer, nut, bolt or springs etc. I will have a look at it later today to check.
We just stripped them last week off my replacement engine, the frame is going off to @Mittzy in Qld this week once I wrap it later today.

Yep, they direct swap but you need the brake and gear lever complete setups too. Some parts are no longer available from Triumph but some are, especially if it is just a washer, nut, bolt or springs etc. I will have a look at it later today to check.
We just stripped them last week off my replacement engine, the frame is going off to @Mittzy in Qld this week once I wrap it later today.
Thank you so much mate.

Mittzy is a great bloke too. Already offered me some advice too :)

Back