Floorboards question?

Buck Mossie

Man of the People
Ride
2007 Carpenterized Classic
I am thinking of replacing the pegs on my 2006 with a set of floor boards. Does anyone know the difference in these 2 kits? The A9758085 is for the Standard and the A9758081 is for the Classic. But to my mind if you are replacing the bars and the shifters / brake pedals, either kit "should" fit on my 2006, there has to be some other difference...

S/F

B

The Classic boards are lower and flatter and scrape easier. If you like your current position and just want boards, get the standard kit (although you will feel like they're a little higher because your heel sit on them rather than over them). Best idea is to sit on a few bikes and see what you like.

Just my 2 cents, i went with these. I don't ride with crash bars on the Rocket,i tipped her over once and these saved my bike from getting scratched up. Super strong,didn't even get a scratch on them .The only damage i got was a small scratch on the tennis rackets...
http://newr3.com/html/driver_boards.html

Last edited:
I am going to give the kit for the classic a try. They are out of production, but I found a set at a dealer... When mounted, I will post some pics...

S/F

B

The Classic Board kit's rail is about 50mm lower and unless you are like myself that likes to get into it in the corners you will probably like them, I know of at least two guys that love them you can also put taller shocks (340mm) on to lift the boards higher of the ground and improve the handling at the same time

Quick question... Does anyone know if the OEM Triumph floorboards are hinged? One of the nice features on the Harley floorboards is that they are hinged and if you lean to far in a turn they will give and let you complete the turn... Also in case of a spill they will fold up and prevent damage... Are the Triumph classic/standard floorboards the same, or are they rigid?

S/F

B

While we're on floorboards - I discovered a neat thing last week. In a moment of boredom I stuck a strip of that anti-slip strip they put on the edges of polished steps onto the footboard rubber - Really keeps your boots firmly planted - especially if it's a bit damp out.

It's not pretty, though you have to look for it - that I'll concede. But works. So much so that's one of today's tasks - neater application.

Back