Floorboards for a 2015 R3R

PEKAY

.020 Over
Ride
2015 ROCKET ROADSTER
I wanted to install some floorboards on my 2015 R3R ( I'm 6'4" with a size 14 shoe). Started with Rivco but their web site stated that they only fit standard and classic Rocket 3's. I called Rivco and asked them if they would work on my 2015 R3R. They said they didn't know since they'd never tried it. Anyway...be forewarned, they also told me that they were discontinuing these floorboards so when they're gone, they're gone. Kuryakyn has some nice looking floorboards and they're web site fitment chart stated that their adapter mount 8813 would be required so I went and ordered the floorboards and adapter mounts. Well, the adapter mounts DON'T work because the attaching pin hole is 1/2" and Triumph reduced the pin hole size on later model R3R's. When I called Kuryakyn to tell them their fitment chart was incorrect they said "Really?". Anyway, the Tech wanted me to email him pictures of the new pin size etc. so he could forward it to their engineers. (oh yeah, I'll get right on that....NOT!!!).
I like these floorboards so I went about modifying the adapters to work and I succeeded. Finally my feet have proper support and the blacked out version floorboard blends in very nicely.

I'm 6ft-5in, size 13 and I can't believe that the footpegs are that small--and high up too. They start to bother the balls of my feet (Not those kind) after 3-4 hours of riding. I'm looking into footpeg lowering brackets for my R3r.

Sam

I'm 6ft-5in, size 13 and I can't believe that the footpegs are that small--and high up too. They start to bother the balls of my feet (Not those kind) after 3-4 hours of riding. I'm looking into footpeg lowering brackets for my R3r.

Sam
I would not lower the foot peg locations with out moving the pegs forward as you WILL reduce your lean angle.
Just source some standard rails then use the mod detailed on this site they buy the boards for the Standard.
Nox73 has since sold these long ago but the pics might help.
http://www.r3owners.net/threads/rocket-parts-some-new.20670/#post-288434

Sam

yeah nar don't do that...unless you are riding pretty much upright ALL THE TIME. The LHS peg rail will grind a.) before you are half way through the hero blob on the LH peg and b.) before the LH exhaust heat sheild touches down. As Mittzy said, the short story is there's not a lot of lean angle to work with...the chassis and tyres are capable of more angle that the rest of the components will allow.

I would not lower the foot peg locations with out moving the pegs forward as you WILL reduce your lean angle.
Just source some standard rails then use the mod detailed on this site they buy the boards for the Standard.
Nox73 has since sold these long ago but the pics might help.
For Sale - Rocket parts some new | R3Owners
I am 6"3 and moved everything on either side forward 41/2 inches made a big difference and kept good lines for smashing corners

FYI -
This what I recently did.

My Shift Board.jpg My Brake Board.jpg

Hi Pekay

I'm 6'4" too (but my feet aren't that big..;)) and tried the new R3R and really disliked the peg position, the std fits me very well, but the R3R was too far back and up to be comfortable, I was sad because was considering upgrading to get the ABS. The R3 is the only bike I've had that's felt "right" for my height (mansize), like it was built to fit.

Highway pegs are a cheap add-on that help if you have crash bars, and I had the seat reupholstered and raised another 1" to 1.5" this made the bike even more comfy.

Like Bulls foot boards as they let you move around a bit more.

Back