Flipmeisters Rubber Washer Cruise

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I'm thinking of giving the old college try at Flipper's rubber washer friction cruise on my Tiger. Any reason it wouldn't work. I know his particular setup might not work exactly as he describes due to smaller bars and grips, but if I get the right size stuff it should work, shouldn't it?

I'm thinking of giving the old college try at Flipper's rubber washer friction cruise on my Tiger. Any reason it wouldn't work. I know his particular setup might not work exactly as he describes due to smaller bars and grips, but if I get the right size stuff it should work, shouldn't it?

Absolutely, so long as the bike has stationary (rubber mounted) bar ends. You just size the washers (between the throttle spool 'twistgrip' and the bar end's smaller diameter, if it's tapered inwards).

I have the 50 cent cruise control on my KLR and on the Bonnie and I put one on my trolling motor for the fish'in boat. It has a twistgrip throttle too.

The Flipmeisters 50 cent Throttle Lock is what started Flipmeisters Specialty Products back in Nashville at the Taliban 8...:eek: I'm' sure Britman George and Dennis will remember that. Most likely Rusty too.

There should be step-by-step instructions somewhere on this site, It was posted long ago but I'm sure they are around plus, there are pictures in my album of the install.

50 cents is actually an inflated figure, it actually costs about 20 cents for the rubber washers at WallyWorld.

The 50 cent throttle lock put on an old Captains bike in the parking lot and me peering at Pianoman's fancy stainless steel brakeline clamps and saying to myself... 'Flip you have the machine tools and the knowledge to make this stuff yourself, make it better and less costly than what's out there now'...and here I am.

I finally exchanged the washers on my Classic. The ozone got to them and they got brittle.

Remember, to adjust the tension, simply loosen the clamp screws that hold the twist grip assembly in place. Moving the assembly back, increases the tension, forward decreases the tension. I like mine in a neutral (no spring force exerted) on the throttle.

At least on the Rocket (and maybe any bike with bar ends) immediate release of the throttle lock can be achieved by simply twisting the bar end slightly.

Finally, when you shut the bike off, remember to close the throttle fully. It's bad for the TPS to sense a partially open throttle upon startup. It can send an error code to the ECU. Just use common sense, we all have that.

I can't bring myself to spend a hundred bucks (or more) on a Kaco or Throttlemeister when mine does the same thing for almost nothing.

Remember..... Bling for less is my motto.:D

I still remember that guy at the dealership who wouldn't sell you that washer because of "supposed" liability issues after you explained what you wanted to do.

And then I went out and waited with Scot in Exile for "Little Joe" to finish trading in his Harley for his new Rocket. Little did we know that in a little over four hours someone was going to steal his helmet at Hooters.

fun, fun, fun....a long night followed...

Dennis

50 dtg Dubai
51 dtg Home

I, for one, was a little nervous opening this thread considering all I was seeing on the home page was "Flipmeister's Rubber"....:eek:

Thank goodness for that little hover thing that shows the first couple of lines of text.

Back