Flipmeister Website Woes....

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
It's been a bad weekend all around.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the website, trying to get the saddlebag liners finalized, teaching in the evenings and trying to stay warm.

I thought that no orders showing up in my in box might have something to do with the fluctuating dollar but I was wrong......real wrong.

Friday, I received an e-mail from a fellow in the United Kingdom that my shopping cart was not functioning. He wanted some items, but the cart wouldn't take him to Pay-Pal. I went into the back end of the website (in hindsight that's something I should do every day with my coffee in the morning and I will from now on) and had a Maalox moment. The ledger was completely filled with multiple orders from various customers in various stages of frustration. It was interesting in the least to see the frustration progress as they entered multiple orders, all of which have been deleted from the website so all personal information is secure. I spent the entire night on Saturday arguing with Pay-Pal and getting nowhere. To add insult to injury, my wife's desk top had the power supply go south and all the web data is on that computer (I don't trust Vista but maybe I should, Shawn does). Only the current data is on my laptop. All archive files are on the other unit.

I have been contacting each and every customer who has logged on to my website, assuring them that everything is secure and now, with our astute Webmasters assistance (if Shawn can ride a bike half as well as he can manipulate a website, he makes Roger DeCoster look like a cripple), all is running properly again. I'm reasonably sure that in the future, I won't experience high blood pressure for extended times. I now have a guardian angel watching over my shoulder.

Again, my apologies to anyone who was maligned by the website. For the Captains here who know me personally, I'd never operate that way. I/we will keep a closer eye on the site from now on.

If, at any time, anyone who uses the website has any problems, please notify me asap. My e-mail address is all over the site or you can message me from this site or message our Webmaster......he's the one who's gonna fix it anyway. I don't have a clue how to. I can make bling but I can't do cyber stuff for beans.

All-in-all, it's been a long weekend.

It's been a bad weekend all around.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the website, trying to get the saddlebag liners finalized, teaching in the evenings and trying to stay warm.

I thought that no orders showing up in my in box might have something to do with the fluctuating dollar but I was wrong......real wrong.

Friday, I received an e-mail from a fellow in the United Kingdom that my shopping cart was not functioning. He wanted some items, but the cart wouldn't take him to Pay-Pal. I went into the back end of the website (in hindsight that's something I should do every day with my coffee in the morning and I will from now on) and had a Maalox moment. The ledger was completely filled with multiple orders from various customers in various stages of frustration. It was interesting in the least to see the frustration progress as they entered multiple orders, all of which have been deleted from the website so all personal information is secure. I spent the entire night on Saturday arguing with Pay-Pal and getting nowhere. To add insult to injury, my wife's desk top had the power supply go south and all the web data is on that computer (I don't trust Vista but maybe I should, Shawn does). Only the current data is on my laptop. All archive files are on the other unit.

I have been contacting each and every customer who has logged on to my website, assuring them that everything is secure and now, with our astute Webmasters assistance (if Shawn can ride a bike half as well as he can manipulate a website, he makes Roger DeCoster look like a cripple), all is running properly again. I'm reasonably sure that in the future, I won't experience high blood pressure for extended times. I now have a guardian angel watching over my shoulder.

Again, my apologies to anyone who was maligned by the website. For the Captains here who know me personally, I'd never operate that way. I/we will keep a closer eye on the site from now on.

If, at any time, anyone who uses the website has any problems, please notify me asap. My e-mail address is all over the site or you can message me from this site or message our Webmaster......he's the one who's gonna fix it anyway. I don't have a clue how to. I can make bling but I can't do cyber stuff for beans.

All-in-all, it's been a long weekend.
Yeah I thought some thing was up.This came up on the other web site

The website is http://www.flipmeisters.com/ but when I tried to buy some I get a Paypal error message about a merchant address. I've emailed Flipmeisters to see if it's me or them

Garan

he was then told to contact you on sales@flipmeisters.com ;);)

The website is http://www.flipmeisters.com/ but when I tried to buy some I get a Paypal error message about a merchant address. I've emailed Flipmeisters to see if it's me or them

Garan

he was then told to contact you on sales@flipmeisters.com ;);)

I exchanged a couple of emails with Flip over the weekend and all is looking good now. Two good things that have come out of it all. Firstly I found this forum and more importantly Flip's posting my new farkles today!

I hope your blood pressure has dropped Flip :)

Cheers,

Garan.

paypal

i don't like pay pal,it seems to be problematic at best. i used it to order several items for my rock in the past, and i never was very comfortable with it. that's why i prefer to send a check and wait for every thing to clear....... takes a little longer,but pretty much goof proof:rolleyes:. i also use a bankcard when merchant is able to do so:D........ i'm with you on this one flip.

greg

Last edited:
Just Say No to PP

I agree, PayPal is no good. Is it cheaper to use PayPal as a business than traditional credit card acceptance? There are a lot of good things on eBay that I wouldn't mind picking up but I just don't like PayPal.

i don't like pay pal,it seems to be problematic at best. i used it to order several items for my rock in the past, and i never was very comfortable with it. that's why i prefer to send a check and wait for every thing to clear....... takes a little longer,but pretty much goof proof:rolleyes:. i also use a bankcard when merchant is able to do so:D........ i'm with you on this one flip.

The way I have my website set up, Pay-Pal or sending me the funds is the only way I can do business. It's all running right and taken care of. Like I said, I have a 'guardian angel' now. Read on....

greg

I agree, PayPal is no good. Is it cheaper to use PayPal as a business than traditional credit card acceptance? There are a lot of good things on eBay that I wouldn't mind picking up but I just don't like PayPal.

Pay-Pal is owned by E-bay. Pay-Pal is extremely, I mean anally extremely security cautious. There is a tremendous amount of stealing of identities today as well as financial information and Pay-Pal don't want anyone to get scammed. That's what happened to my shopping cart. Pay-Pal upgraded their security measures and the people who supply my cart didn't adjust the program to Pay-Pal's new security level so Pay-Pal denied any transfer. The owner of this website took care of that yesterday and he will continue to monitor and administrate my website also. I'm much, much more comfortable now.

All my support Flip. Jamie

Thanks Jamie. All is good now. I'm very relieved. I didn't want to alienate anyone because of the inoperative website. I like to be friendly, most of the time.:D

I boycott Pay-Pal as they will not honor any firearm purchases, how un American can you get...

Another good reason for me to despise PayPal. If it weren't for the rare occasions when my need can only be met through flee-Bay I'd otherwise never buy with them in the loop. I don't have a kind word to say about PayPal.

Well Guys & Ladies......

I have no problem with personal checks either. The nice thing about Pay-Pal is no matter what country my purchaser is in (and remember, I have purchasers all over the world), they can pay for my products in their native currency and it automatically converts to USD.

I once got a payment transmitted in Yen and I had a helluva time getting the payment cleared at the local bank. For International payments, Pay-Pal has no equal.

Whether I'm fond of Pay-Pal or not, I still have to use Pay-Pal if I want to sell Internationally. It's by far, the easiest and most secure way of transmitting funds. For you 'local' guys, I have no problem whatsoever with personal checks. Your choice entirely.

I even do cash but don't send me a bag of pennies........

Back