Fitting up of rearsets...

Bearddevil

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
Okay, so I am going to be fitting the Raask rearsets to my R3R, but I'm having a bit of a quandary when it comes to how to assemble the lever stack on the brake side. In the pictures that Raask sends with the kit, the tabbed washer sits like this:

Link Removed
But from what I can find of Radar's forum post images, he assembled it like this:
Link Removed

In the first case, the tabbed washer binds on the brake lever. In the second, it's not doing anything, as far as I can tell. I'm not even sure what it's purpose is supposed to be. Is it there to limit the up-travel on the brake lever?

Does anyone have any insights on this? I'm inclined to believe it's there to limit the up-travel on the lever, but it just fits poorly and needs to be shimmed or adjusted. Also, I'm kind of scandalized that this doesn't come with a lockwasher of some sort.

Attachments

• DSC_0416.JPG
    DSC_0416.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0417.JPG
    DSC_0417.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 6
Interesting quandary. I know the few I’ve seen installed were reworked in various to solve various problems.

Can I ask where you ordered the raask stuff from? Do they still make it?

Interesting quandary. I know the few I’ve seen installed were reworked in various to solve various problems.

Can I ask where you ordered the raask stuff from? Do they still make it?

I emailed Sievert Raask directly through his website (www.raask.se). He had a rearset kit in stock and had it in the mail the same day I paid. $310 + shipping. So yes, he still makes them, but the footpeg and lever quality is still not as good as you'd hop for that price. The brackets look really nice, though. Those are high quality. I might try and fit different pegs and levers later, as many people have done, assuming I can figure out how they go on in the first place.

@Claviger - Rob. iirc there was an R3 in the UK owned previously by "owl" - I know he sold it. That had rearsets he mounted on the exhaust/rear footrest frame. He was more a "dotcom" user as he was admin there. I will see if I can get some photos direct. I have his email.

Update: The Raask rearsets won't work with the Carpenter exhaust. The bracket for the brake-side footpeg wants to be exactly where the exhaust pipe is. There's at least an inch, probably more of positional overlap. @Claviger - want to buy my rearsets? Never been used, and I'll only charge you what I paid, plus shipping...

I'll have my seat re-contoured to get my knees away from the exhaust instead, I guess. It's not ideal, but it's what I've got. Time to go buy some new crush washers for the brake lines and some brake fluid. *grumbles*

Unfortunate about the interfering parts :( Never a good outcome.

I'll have to look closely at some pictures to see if my pipes will get in the way, I have a bad feeling they will a little bit.

I do want a set, and will probably just use a plate between the bracket and the motor to space it out slightly to resolve the interference, however, timing is not right just yet, I have some other things I need to buy first e.g. extra motor, transmission, and ECU lol.

I bought a set years ago .... it was like a mechano kit ..... it wasn’t a straight forward bolt on Job

Back