Fitting a Decosse's Keyless Ignition

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
I had an Awesome day today went on the first decent ride I have had in a while (been either to busy working or the weather has been up to crap), all my recent rides have only been short ones to neighboring towns to have a coffee or a catch up with mates.
Well today I had the pleasure of installing one of Ken's (@DEcosse) Awesome keyless ignitions, it could not have been simpler if he had tried, I noted how Ken has made some really good improvements to his kit to protect it from Clown's like me that get a bit enthusiastic with the hose when washing a Mates bike.
Left home at 07.30hrs this morning and three hours later after an awesome ride thru Kangaroo Valley and out the other side up over past Fitzroy Falls on to Peter's (Leather belts, vests, jackets & more for men & women) place over near Picton, firstly I removed his Triumph alarm system which will be for sale (contact me for details) then I fitted Ken's keyless system and I was amazed at how easy it was while Pete was making a Leather Cover for my Firemans Axe Head which I won in a archery comp raffle, then I checked and adjusted the TPS and Stepper Motor as he was complaining about the be running rough, then to top my day off I spotted a one of Pete's many vests but this was different as it had orange/black lacing and being a fan of the colours orange, yellow and red so I asked the price well as I expected it was well over my budget but then he said but for you a discount ... it was too good to refuse, got home just after 18.00hrs weather was pleasant 18 degrees C traffic was light thru the Kangaroo Valley, All in All a very good day

Thought I would give you a look at Pete's handy work, he really is a craftsman, second picture is of the inside showing the pockets ... Very neat
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh I forgot to mention there was only one thing Not So Good about today ........... seeing how easy it was and how well it works I (already knew this after having ridden @R3Tex's last year but this just reminded it) has Me wanting one of those Keyless Ignition Systems even More

They are super convenient. Only one word of warning, I still don't know what button press combination caused it, but I had a day where it stayed unsecure, fob or no fob. You could walk up to the bike and ride it away no matter what.

I pressed the button in any number of combinations and eventually found it was back in secured mode, where it's stayed.

I'm sure it's in the instructions somewhere

Sounds like a great day indeed Hans - appreciate the nice words.
I wish you had taken some install pics - don't have any of the new kit installed. :(

Great looking vest too!

but I had a day where it stayed unsecure, fob or no fob ...... I'm sure it's in the instructions somewhere

That IS covered in the instructions :D
(see section 3 in the Set-up & Test section; section 2 explains how to use the remote manually with the button)
just manually 'arm' it ('quick' press & release of the button) then walk out of range then back in & should be fine hands-free from there out.

Note that you can't just press the button in any old fashion - a short press & release will arm it while a longer press & release will disarm.
So if you just try to hold the button for longer (because you don't think its doing anything) that is actually counter to what you want to do.

I wish you had taken some install pics - don't have any of the new kit installed. :(

Great looking vest too!
Well Why didnt you Say So before in our Conversation Ya Silly Bugger!! .... next time when I can justify the cost to the minister of finance and get one too Ill take some pic's

Thought I would give you a look at Pete's handy work, he really is a craftsman, second picture is of the inside showing the pockets ... Very neat
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Where are the gun pouches?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Great looking vest too!
That IS covered in the instructions :D
(see section 3 in the Set-up & Test section; section 2 explains how to use the remote manually with the button)
just manually 'arm' it ('quick' press & release of the button) then walk out of range then back in & should be fine hands-free from there out.
Note that you can't just press the button in any old fashion - a short press & release will arm it while a longer press & release will disarm.
So if you just try to hold the button for longer (because you don't think its doing anything) that is actually counter to what you want to do.

Ken,
I sure would like to see your water mods look like?

Well Why didnt you Say So before in our Conversation Ya Silly Bugger!! .... next time when I can justify the cost to the minister of finance and get one too Ill take some pic's

Did you go with the PDM60, Hans?

Back