Fitted new exhaust system today :D

ratsidecar

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Today I have been busy. I ditched the 3 pipe tors setup and original header and replaced it all with a TTS exhaust header and a custom made silencer. The silencer was built for me to dimensions I specified by a car exhaust place and was only £45. Its all stainless steel and they can also sell a removable db killer to suit it. The flexi link pipe is only temporary till I get somewhere local to me to weld up a nice stainless one to the silencer with a clamp fitting on the header end. The TTS header exit hole is 2.25" and the silencer entry matches then steps up to a 2.5" core and another step to a 3" tail pipe. I reused the original triumph silencer bracket to get the hanger in the right place but I will soon make a nice new slimmed down one out of stainless. Its a lot lighter than what was on it before. I have used a longish link pipe to get as much length into the system as possible while still looking good as I have found that exhaust systems that are too short can end up sounding like bubbly wet farts.

I found the TORS silencers and cat delete to have quite a hollow sound at idle and low revs, this fills it out with a low, deep, bassy rumble below 2000rpm. Above 2k it sounds fairly similar to what was on before but a bit louder. However it has lost that slight raspy note you get when changing gear at high rpm. It has some very low deep popping on deceleration but it sounds lovely overall.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Have you downloaded an alternative map from the new resource folder to match your new set up or are you going for a full Dyno?

Its running a tuneboy livetune v4 map for ramair and aftermarket exhaust. Its the same tune I was running before on the tors but it seems to be running smoother on this system. I will upload it to the resources section. I havent been able to open it up fully yet as the clutch is slipping in fourth and fifth if you go hard on it. I should have really replaced the clutch today and done the exhaust another time but I couldnt resist playing with shiny go faster bits. I consider it to be good enough for now as planning to get a supercharger in the future so no point dynoing it now if it needs redone in a few months time anyway.

The original outer chrome headpipe covers fit and will be going back on. I have to find new hex bolts to hold them on first as they had been overtightened and rounded out previously and were a bit of effort to remove.

Had a bit of a run this evening in the colder air to get a better feel for it and will have to add some fuel at the bottom end as its surging a bit and not running smoothly there. There is quite a bit more power now from 4k up to redline. Not bad considering it hasn't been near a dyno to gte the fuelling set up properly.

Back