First time off the ground!

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Took two years and four months to get up the courage to lift this baby up almost pooped my pants I was so nervous!! She ain't no gs750!!
Now to get to work, new tires and clean and grease those splines!
Any advice from the members will be greatly appreciated. I'll let you know how I'm making out, and also thinking of plastic coating the rims black! Think I'll have a beer first!

That is a puddle of gas on the ground. I just filled the tank and when she leveled out it came out the overflow tube. I now know it works!

image.jpeg

I know the feeling. The first time I lifted mine off the ground it scared the hell out me . Did not have front forks tied down and when the front wheel turned and made a bang noise i almost $hit my pants. :eek::eek::eek:

Jag, when I have my bike on the liftmy biggest concern is the kickstand being up when I let the bike down.

My turns coming with my first lift on the near horizon. The lifting plate I made is ready as well as the new lift and a couple of other things I have made. The new front tire just came today, so with the first break in the weather....it's front tire change time. Let's ride!

I know the feeling. The first time I lifted mine off the ground it scared the hell out me . Did not have front forks tied down and when the front wheel turned and made a bang noise i almost $hit my pants. :eek::eek::eek:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I thought you were talking about a wheelie. The first time you do that it can cause a little incontinence as well :eek:

I have just purchased a dolly (no not a toy doll) that is designed to enable you to ride on and spin the big bike around easily and push it side ways against the wall or anywhere you like as long as it is on a smooth level surface,works great but scary riding onto the thing first time.

image.jpeg
Ok took off the bevel box to clean and grease the spline, plenty of grease inside and on the hub side also. I expected to find it dry and rusty looking like others reported prior. Looks like the same type of grease used on the shaft and the hub on the back wheel.

Since it was in the 40's today here in Michigan I said, screw it!....time to put the blacked out powder coated grill on and try out all the lift stuff I made. I had a new tire to replace the original Metz so I decide it was a good opportunity to swap it out. The bike lifted real easy with the Craftsman aluminum lift I bought and my lifting plate work like it was suppose to. The only problem is....only the front end came off the ground. With that said, I only lifted the bike far enough to easily remove the front tire. I think if I had removed my still loaded bags to reduce the bike weight in the rear the whole bike might have came up at once. I might have to do some tweaking at a later date, but it looks good for now. I'm glad several forum members mentioned tieing the front forks in place.

Once the tire was off the bike I put my (not quite finished yet) adjustable support under the front roll bars. The bike was pretty stable without using any tie down straps Up to that point, but once I put my little adjustable supports in place it became rock solid. I think I could have jumped on the thing and it wouldn't have moved. I may not need tie downs with the support under the crash bars.

I'm just waiting on the tire to be changed out and if I get it back tomorrow I can start putting things back together. I was going to replace the front brakes with some EBC double sintered, but the current pads still look good in spite of being a front brake guy. Maybe mid summer. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1
Back