First time in the rain

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
I ended up riding home in the rain today. Pretty scattered, anything from a light drizzle to a torrential downpour. The riding in the rain wasn't a big deal except for how squirrely the front end felt. On a normal dry day I am not overly impressed with the handling of this big bike on the factory Metzlers, and today it was much worse.

I have a brand new set of Exedras in the garage and they will be going on first thing next week. Maybe someone can use a Metz down at the bike place or I may just bring them home and save them for the next earth day to burn in celebration. :)

bob

I'm running the excreta/cobra combination and am very happy. Much more stability in the rear and better bite in the front. Can't speak to other options. Switched to this from the Metz and just replaced again with same combo.

The title of this thread has so much potential.

I remember my first time in the rain.
She was a bit crazy; but in a fun way....

Oh, ...back to tires. The Metz were crap for stopping and going on a wet road. But, I didn't have any problems with lateral traction in a moderate lean.

It's still worth every penny to get some better rubber.

Given what the weather is like here I ride in the rain often.

I run Cobras front and rear and have done for the last 3 years. Rate them as long as your sensible in the wet.

Has anybody run Cobras then switched to the Exedra Max and noticed an improvement?

I have another front and rear Cobra in the garage to switch out later in the year but may order in exedra for after that.

I tend to order tyres a few at a time due to pricing and shipping. I live in the UK. Cobras are made in the UK. It's cheaper for me to buy them from Germany and have them shipped back to where they were made :banghead::banghead:

It's a strange old world o_O

I haven't been able to actually get the excedra Max in Germany. My understanding is it's not available in the EU. The excedra is, but not the max. I have to order it from Dennis Kirk in the states. The Avon isn't bad at all here in Germany. Pay €135 mounted/balanced.

Back