First start in ~10 weeks, MIL on!?

Bullseye

Ride often
Ride
2014 R3R
Cluster.JPG
2014 R3R - I parked the bike up ~10 weeks ago and connected a trickle charger to it in the garage. Today I turned the key, instruments lit up as usual and fuel primed. The cranking speed wasn't as fast as i had expected but the engine fired so all was good. First observation was that the fuel gauge and miles to empty weren't registering and the gear indicator displayed '1', even though i was in neutral. The Mil was also illuminated. After several minutes the idle speed was still high at ~2,000 rpm. I then rode up the road where i found the throttle was lumpy and not very responsive and hesitant. I then switched the bike off, put the kick stand down and dismounted. I then turned on the ignition and everything illuminated, pulled the clutch lever in and expected the bike to start but nothing. I got back on the bike, kick stand up, clutch lever in and it started.
Any clues as to the issue??
Thanks

Unfortunately i do not have a diagnostic tool (yet).
Bummer, well if its nothing serious, it will clear its self after so many cold starts. If you haven't lifted the seat and tank you might want to peak around a bit to make sure no homesteads were introduced by mice. They can be nasty when it comes time to get out of the cold.

So none for first 5 weeks? Sounds suspiciously like what a dead battery might do. If so, I think everything will reset maybe a 12 minute tune, or just riding it?

i wonder sometimes if a used bike is sitting in a dealers for some time, would a similar thing happen?...do they start and run them periodically do you think?

So none for first 5 weeks? Sounds suspiciously like what a dead battery might do. If so, I think everything will reset maybe a 12 minute tune, or just riding it?
The charger was connected and charging for last 5 weeks. Which is why I thought that the cranking speed would have been faster. I will check the battery voltage.

Back