First Service Questions

DylzR3

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 Rocket Touring
My 2017 is due for it's first service and I was wondering what all is part of it? Is it just engine oil and the shaft drive oil or anything else with the ecu etc?
Don't have my manual handy, so is it a semi synthetic for the engine or full and what viscosity?
The dealership quoted me near double for the work of what another reputable shop but non Triumph dealer quoted me. Slightly annoyed, so if there isn't anything special the dealership does, gonna consider other options.

Thanks

I paid a ridiculous amount for my first service this spring from my dealer too. Comes to find out that the morons left the cover off of my coolant overflow bottle. I rode it 30 miles home without knowing.
I had taken the bear claw off for some reason after I was home, and that's when I saw it uncovered.
I'm going to do whatever I can on my own. I learned to do a lot of things to my Valkyrie from the VRCC forum, so hopefully I can do the same with my r3t here.

As many of you sya, bugger all and expensive but necessary for warranty. Only ever get service during warranty period then do the rest myself.

Took mine to a Triumph dealer. Cost me a little over $350. My bike has been running noticeably better after. I know they synchronized the throttle bodies and changed oil and brake pads among other things.

As many of you sya, bugger all and expensive but necessary for warranty. Only ever get service during warranty period then do the rest myself.
Not necessary here in the states. The dealerships may make that statement but have no legal ground to support it. If you have the proper Paperwork supporting that the maintenance was done they have to honor the warranty.

It's nothing but a glorified oil change. Big waste of money.
So true. The dealership may tell you it is raining but the reality is his pissing on you. They more than likely will supply you with the 500 mile check sheet showing everything they checked. Did it happen ?

Last edited:
Back