First ride on a Rocket

FunkSoulBro

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Classic
Firstly Id like to thank everyone who welcome me as a new forum member this week. It shows how passionate you are all about your bikes and riding in general and I have enjoyed poking around this site with a wealth of information available. I stopped riding after I got married (heard that before?) over 20 years ago now and I rode a demo Storm last year which reignited the passion to ride again (and to satisfy this mid life crisis). My interest has shifted to the Rocket and today I got to experience a ride on one - a 2008 Rocket Classic.
The Sales Manager at my local Triumph dealer here in Wollongong guaranteed it would put a smile on my face, as many of you have also said. You weren't wrong.
Here are my thoughts.
  • At slow speed you can really feel the weight in the front end.
  • Gear shifts are very mechanical from the big solid gear box.
  • Seating position was comfortable.
  • Braking was effortless.
Once the apprehension was gone, I opened her up from low revs in 2nd gear just to see what the fuss was all about. That weight in the front end became very light and I think I did a little wee...

The bike got easier to ride as my confidence grew and I couldn't help but squirt the throttle at every straight line opportunity.

This bike commands respect and sensibility. With this it gives back. What a bike...loved it...put a smile on my face.

Hopefully the right bike will come along and Ill be a Rocket owner before I know it.

Managed to snap a couple while I was out there.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Good luck tomorrow @MickyB for your first ride. Look forward to talking about over a beer tomorrow.

Bikes a Standard .. not a Classic. How many klms and how much is it out of interest ?
Ah thanks for the correction TC. 2008 Standard. 8000kms. $15,500 orig triumph panniers, back rest and it has an override switch for the lights (std? Not sure) and a LED gear selection readout between the gauges. Small windscreen. 2mths Rego.

Ah thanks for the correction TC. 2008 Standard. 8000kms. $15,500 orig triumph panniers, back rest and it has an override switch for the lights (std? Not sure) and a LED gear selection readout between the gauges. Small windscreen. 2mths Rego.

I know where there's a newer one with genuine Triumph panniers, backrest with rack, full exhaust system mod, crash bars, highway pegs, 9 months rego, almost new tyres, upgraded suspension, driving lights, air horn, headlight relays, better seat (with rider backrest if you want) and more for $3,000 less than that………..;) It does have a "few" more kms but not so many you should worry.

I know where there's a newer one with genuine Triumph panniers, backrest with rack, full exhaust system mod, crash bars, highway pegs, 9 months rego, almost new tyres, upgraded suspension, driving lights, air horn, headlight relays, better seat (with rider backrest if you want) and more for $3,000 less than that………..;) It does have a "few" more kms but not so many you should worry.
Me too

"Once the apprehension was gone, I opened her up from low revs in 2nd gear just to see what the fuss was all about. That weight in the front end became very light and I think I did a little wee..."

Love it, you just cheered up a warm but rainy morning in England.

Back