First ride of the year

Timbo

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
Roads were dry, it was about 5c out and windy but for the first time in months it was dry so I had to take the Rocket out for a spin.

Have done a load of work to it over the winter - new Barrett clutch, Ramair, powder coat wheels, new bearings and tyres and a load of other "tidying" up jobs and hadn't ridden it even to test it.

Pleased to say the clutch is spot on, was dragging slightly still after I fitted it but after a quick run, it is working a treat and have adjusted it to where I like it with no dragging, can get it in neutral etc.

Fitted a Ramair filter last week too and did the 12 minute thing but no tune, think I am still running a tune for TORs, will check when I can be arsed. Less popping on over run and engine seems to rev more freely, though I havent ridden it since about October so could be first run surprise! 1st, 2nd, 3rd seemed to feel like it wanted to rip my arms off and lifted the front wheel for first time ever! (FYI, I dont like that, it has two wheels and they shgould both be on the road at all times :eek:). Will have a play with tunes in the next few weeks.

Should I be setting the secondary throttles to 100% for all positions and gears? Read that somewhere. Its a 2013 but am certain they arent at 100% on the map I am running.

And I still dont like the wheels, the colour is not growing on me so next winter they'll be off again :rolleyes: Made the mistake of telling the wife how much it cost so I am "living with it" for now.

Roads were dry, it was about 5c out and windy but for the first time in months it was dry so I had to take the Rocket out for a spin.

Have done a load of work to it over the winter - new Barrett clutch, Ramair, powder coat wheels, new bearings and tyres and a load of other "tidying" up jobs and hadn't ridden it even to test it.

Pleased to say the clutch is spot on, was dragging slightly still after I fitted it but after a quick run, it is working a treat and have adjusted it to where I like it with no dragging, can get it in neutral etc.

Fitted a Ramair filter last week too and did the 12 minute thing but no tune, think I am still running a tune for TORs, will check when I can be arsed. Less popping on over run and engine seems to rev more freely, though I havent ridden it since about October so could be first run surprise! 1st, 2nd, 3rd seemed to feel like it wanted to rip my arms off and lifted the front wheel for first time ever! (FYI, I dont like that, it has two wheels and they shgould both be on the road at all times :eek:). Will have a play with tunes in the next few weeks.

Should I be setting the secondary throttles to 100% for all positions and gears? Read that somewhere. Its a 2013 but am certain they arent at 100% on the map I am running.

And I still dont like the wheels, the colour is not growing on me so next winter they'll be off again :rolleyes: Made the mistake of telling the wife how much it cost so I am "living with it" for now.

I went out today, awesome!!!! I had been messing with suspension but ended up putting it back to stock length. Dry roads make such a big difference.

I fitted ramair and cat bypass. Like you I did not like the balls out 100% in first three gears so I used a tune that did not copy i3 to i2 and i1 and did not open secondaries 100%.
I use the Gear Indictor with ATRE that allows me to map ignition timings at a push of a button (tricks the ECU into thinking its in 4th when its not)

It was great to get out

Find a speed camera :eek: it will tell you exactly hoiw fast you were going:D sounds like some nice work but without pictures, no one will believe you

You mean speed camera pics or pics of the bike? If the latter, you’ve seen it, the former I hope doesn’t happen :rolleyes:

Front wheel stays on the ground, if I wanted one wheel action I’d buy a unicycle :thumbsup:

Been out on mine all the way through the winter at least once a week anyway.I ride my KTM everyday which helps with the withdrawal symptoms but by the weekend i am starting to struggle:laugh:Then again us southerners get the better weather :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Went for my FRoY on Saturday. Supposed to be 55 in the PM according to weather forecast. Yeah that didn't happen. A buddy and I got out on road about 1:30PM. Decided to put a few miles on my TBS and he is on his Thruxton R trying to get a few break in miles on a new performance cam. We headed north but as we did climb in elevation it just got colder and colder. My hands could not take the cold any longer after about 25 miles. So we stopped at a Subway for lunch. My hands warmed up nicely. We decided to turn back and go to Cycle Gear to look at heated gloves. My buddy has heated everything and is always Ok on these cold rides.

I need some heated gloves or liners. What do you guys use and how well do you like what you have ?

Back