First Ride of the New Year

Jamie

Living Legend
Was silly or courageous enough to take my green machine out of the garage earlier today. Temp just barely above freezing point. One of the coldest winters in years, here. Plenty of ploughed snow left on road sides. Only a few (fortunately) and glistening (ditto) icy spots showing on the asphalt...

Just to say I came back home dead frozen after 50 miles along Lake of Geneva coast, but with a victorious grin on my face:).

Best wishes to all. Jamie

budman;48740[B said:
but[/b]..is you crazy?

Yep. I is. I am. I do. And I even HAVE... worries...after reading your dizzying post.

Are you sort of... questioning my being crazy? Are you working for some health insurance fraud detection squad?

Oh, I see... you guys ARE trying to deprive me of my mental disability benefits ? That's it? :mad:

You don't stand no chance

Jamie:D

It is in the low 40's here in SC and I am not even going out of the house unless it catches on fire. Did order heated liners and gloves that should be here next week so I can go out into the cold. I know 40 may not seem like much to you guys but if I wanted to be cold I wouldn't live here.

Here in the Sunshine State it was 27 this morning and I got prepared to put on 80 miles doing necessary errands. Cage issues has her in the shop today. It made it up to 48 now that I'm done. I looked at heated gloves but hell I'm in Fl, and we are in the throws of global warming:rolleyes:.

Depending on where you are I am not to far north but I can remember going to Bike week a couple of years ago and leaving Daytona to head back to my Bro's house in Port St John and almost freezing. Those 30 - 40 degree mornings when I am on my way to work got me convinced. If I go the the dealer, he is 150 miles north getting into the higher elevations and the last time I went I almost froze off important body parts. Besides, cold fingers move slower and the discomfort can interfere with your concentration while riding making for an unsafe situation mentally as well as physically.

Sunny and 80 here today. Been that way for a couple of weeks. They say we may see a cloud next week. That should be exciting.....

I left Glendale to come here. I had to start wearing a full face helmet in Phoenix just to keep from dying in the summer. Do miss the dry but at least with some humidity riding in the summer is fun, not like riding in a blast furnace. This time of year you are freezing, even at 66 I used to have to put on my leathers to stay warm going to work. Not around here.

It was -13 here last night. I went out and threw the sheepshin over the FBG. she was shakin so there was sta-bil sloshin out of the overflow line. The battery tender said there was still a pulse so I slept a little better. It got warmer today up to 11 degrees at 3:00. How long till RAAIV:(

Last edited:
It actually got up into the low 70s here today!:D:D I put 200 miles on my bike today riding with our local Southern Cruisers group to Goliad, TX as the start of some Texas history runs they're going to make this year.. :) I think we were all surprised by the temperature! I had long johns.. jeans..chaps .. a t-shirt, an insulated shirt on over that.. my leather jacket.. winter gloves.. full face helmet.... lol and I had to shed alot of it!

Going to try and go on a ride again Monday with a group of riders from work..

Back