First ride my Carpenter Rocket

9secondsflat

.040 Over
The weather finally cleared this past Friday and permitted me to take the beast out on dry roads. I did install a baffle at least for now to try to reduce the magnificent sound coming from the megaphone header. The bike accelerated with ease, similar to my busa or zx14, with just a slight throttle and the bike was up to 60 like nothing. The road opened up and it was time to see what the bike could do, I down shifted from 5th back to 2nd and rolled on about half throttle....brrrrrrr...whats this? Oh a black streak following me up the road the bike pulls like a freaking freight train! Rip your arms out power I shifted into 3rd and held the half throttle...the grin was ear to ear. I remember thinking, this is a big bike...it should not be doing this..but it is and I LIKE IT! Most of us have ridden big vtwins which have stump pulling low end torque only to fall on their faces by 3000 rpms...this bike pulls and pulls and then the big horsepower kicks in and takes over..its as fast as any busa or 14 and will dust a 1000'cc liter bike no doubt in my mind.

On the highway fifth gear and 70 mph are effortless, want to go up a hill? all that is needed is barley maybe a 1/16 throttle and the bike accelerates up a hill where my lloyds built Victory XC needs about a quarter throttle to maintain its speed and about 1/3 to accelerate up a hill....This rocket is a freaking beast!

A bonehead in a mustang cobra with a plate that read "I bite" made a foolish attempt to impress me and dare I say race me??? Isnt a race when you have two vehicles side by side? He met with a demise that left him like a dog that got whooped...tail between his leg.

I downshifted from 5th to 3rd and gave him a fist full, he was flat out and got annihilated...I put 15 lengths on him faster then he could speed shift from one gear to the next. Score one for the Carpenter Rocket...This bike has amazing power and again, its a BIG BIKE...yet it rolls on with ease and massive torque and horsepower.

At this point I made a turn off the highway and headed to a local bike dealership to dare I say...showoff the ICBM Rocket to my friends in the service dept. They were really impressed, "sounds awesome", "what a sleeper" "amazing paint quality/finish, on par with a CVO Harley"

We went back inside to shoot the **** for a few more minutes and as I glanced back a small group of " vmax, valkerie and a couple victorys all pulled in....is their a V club? They all with walked up to the Rocket and started to point at the pipe, the decal "Carpenter Racing" on the swing arm. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall to hear what they were talking about.....

Fast forward some thirty minutes passed and it was time to leave, the V group also had mounted up and the owner of the Valkerie made his best effort to spin the rear tire to impress?? his friends or me?? It looked like a 2-3 foot scrub mark at best. He circled back to the lot where his friends were still putting their helmets on...as I rolled by the group in first gear at maybe 5 mph...all i did was "blip" the throttle ...all hell broke loose...with just a blip I left a 25-30 foot black streak...and again..just a fast snap of the gas....unreal throttle response...instant..massive torque that overpowers the 240 and has it crying for mercy in an instant.

Amazing engine....I am going to put a hurtin on alot of sport bike riders in the coming days..

Incredible the potential lying dormant in a stock RIII ... time and money and you got a whole new machine.

Where do I sign up?

I want one!!! Where can I go to get my rocket in this condition? I'm ready.

Back