First Real Ride with my Carpenter Head and Cam

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So the weather finally broke a bit today!!

Decided 45f was warm enough to go play on the R3.

First test: is my tune close... shockingly it is! I guess I got lucky with my estimates and the Autotune was flawless at cleaning up a couple of lean spots.

After about 30 minutes the tune was fairly close to dialed in.

HOLY HELL does it pull up top! 5th gear roll ons are a whole different ball game now! Roll on at 60 and it feels like it always did, but as you speed up, you start gaining speed more and more quickly instead of hitting the air drag wall. By 120 it's just starting to really hit stride and wants to GOGOGO!

90-120 takes less time than 60-90, a totally strange feeling on the big girl!

3rd gear is pretty **** epic now!

Something I didn't expect.... the engine is smoother than ever, less vibration and a throatier sound at speed.

It's going to awhile to get the cojones to go full throttle in 2nd or 1st, there is just soooooo much more power now. It was fun and fast before, it's just maniacal now lol, so happy with the bike now after all the drama I went through on my build.

AWESOME! :thumbsup:
Real happy for you, Amigo, but V-E-R-Y jealous. :oops:
Today was a GOOD day . . . and I never got out because of bid-ness meets. :(

AWESOME! :thumbsup:
Real happy for you, Amigo, but V-E-R-Y jealous. :oops:
Today was a GOOD day . . . and I never got out because of bid-ness meets. :(

I feel your pain. I've been stuck in the office in Seattle with giant floor-to-ceiling windows. It really sucked watching such a fine riding day go by.

@Smitty81
We get so few nice days this season - especially this year - that they are indeed to be cherished!
You should pop down here Sat for a hook-up with @Claviger

Did you get a new exhaust for it? if so sell me your old one:D

I have not yet gotten a new exhaust, I'm actually not certain I'm going to any longer. It sounds so good with the CES + Carp setup, throaty, deep and fairly quiet below 4k, but has a pretty mean sound up top, a nice compromise of civility and rage :p If I do decide to go sidewinders in the future I'll definitely PM you first!

Sorry bull, it was nice, and right as I got home it started raining, lucky timing :)

Back