First decent ride

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
So, I took her out tonight for around 20 miles tonight. First ride over "around the block" since I got her. Again as I've said in previous posts, I'm used to my 1500cc VTwin. I notice riding that there is like a ticking noise under throttle which appears to be at the front of the bike. Is this just the intake noise?

So, I took her out tonight for around 20 miles tonight. First ride over "around the block" since I got her. Again as I've said in previous posts, I'm used to my 1500cc VTwin. I notice riding that there is like a ticking noise under throttle which appears to be at the front of the bike. Is this just the intake noise?
Did someone clothespin a baseball card to one of your spokes?

While engine off, put into neutral and roll it 10 - 20 feet forward and backward.
Do you hear the ticking?

While engine off, put into neutral and roll it 10 - 20 feet forward and backward.
Do you hear the ticking?
It does not. Seems like it is only when i am on the throttle in any facet. when I let off i do not hear it. I am just curious if this is an intake noise. In the garage when revving it does not do it.

I am thinking that it is doing it when it has a load on it, or maybe it is something as simple as a vibration sound when i have any throttle load on it.

It does not. Seems like it is only when i am on the throttle in any facet. when I let off i do not hear it. I am just curious if this is an intake noise. In the garage when revving it does not do it.
I am thinking that it is doing it when it has a load on it, or maybe it is something as simple as a vibration sound when i have any throttle load on it.

Well at least tis not wheel bearings.
So then, ticking noise comes only when in gear and under power?

Back