First day with the R3R

AussieMick

Living the Dream
Ride
2017 R3R
First day with R3R
Standing outside the dealers and it is bucketing down. Dealer kicks it in the guts and a huge grin spreads across the face, Geez this bike sounds good. He asks me if I want him to push it off the footpath, over the gutter and onto the road. There are instantly two things that could embarrass the **** out of me at this stage, one is to have a tag still hanging off my brand new DriRider Jacket, the other is to drop the bike getting it off the footpath. I just looked at him and said, ‘if I need you to push it off the footpath for me, I may as well return the bike now’.
So I was a bit apprehensive as I had heard so much about the power of this thing, plus it is pouring rain, brakes aren’t bedded and wax still on the tyres. It was about 25km to home and what a ride. This bike is a joy to ride. It is so heavy when you throw the leg over it, but so well balanced when you start moving. It is so easy to balance and manoeuvre through traffic. Sure the bike has power and plenty of it, but it is not unmanageable power.
Rode to work this morning, still wet roads and light rain. Still grinning from last night. About 50km to work in the dark. The bike is without doubt the best bike I have ridden and I have ridden a few. Sure there are some things that would make it better, but who cares, there are a lot more things that could make it worse.
More Honda, Yammie and HD potential riders should give this bike the attention it deserves and go for a test ride, I do not think many would be disappointed.
Apologies for the newbie long rant, just needed to tell someone that I am happy with the new girl and my misses was already sick of hearing it ☺

Congrats on your delivery!

Soon you'll be doing things and think to yourself "There is no way this huge motorcycle can possibly do this...but...it...is". It's so incongruous when you're hustling a big bike like the R3 at speeds that are two and three times the limit.

Congrats on your delivery!

Soon you'll be doing things and think to yourself "There is no way this huge motorcycle can possibly do this...but...it...is". It's so incongruous when you're hustling a big bike like the R3 at speeds that are two and three times the limit.
The bike appears to be well designed and balanced to other big bikes I've ridden (personal opinion of course) although two to three times the limit for me was a few years ago :(

First day with R3R
Standing outside the dealers and it is bucketing down. Dealer kicks it in the guts and a huge grin spreads across the face, Geez this bike sounds good. He asks me if I want him to push it off the footpath, over the gutter and onto the road. There are instantly two things that could embarrass the **** out of me at this stage, one is to have a tag still hanging off my brand new DriRider Jacket, the other is to drop the bike getting it off the footpath. I just looked at him and said, ‘if I need you to push it off the footpath for me, I may as well return the bike now’.
So I was a bit apprehensive as I had heard so much about the power of this thing, plus it is pouring rain, brakes aren’t bedded and wax still on the tyres. It was about 25km to home and what a ride. This bike is a joy to ride. It is so heavy when you throw the leg over it, but so well balanced when you start moving. It is so easy to balance and manoeuvre through traffic. Sure the bike has power and plenty of it, but it is not unmanageable power.
Rode to work this morning, still wet roads and light rain. Still grinning from last night. About 50km to work in the dark. The bike is without doubt the best bike I have ridden and I have ridden a few. Sure there are some things that would make it better, but who cares, there are a lot more things that could make it worse.
More Honda, Yammie and HD potential riders should give this bike the attention it deserves and go for a test ride, I do not think many would be disappointed.
Apologies for the newbie long rant, just needed to tell someone that I am happy with the new girl and my misses was already sick of hearing it ☺
Welcome fellow R3R Rider and Aussie , may the gearbox gods shine down upon you and your steed

Back