First Bad News for new Rocket: oil leaks

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I talked to the service writer at the dealer today and he said one of the new Rockets was leaking oil. He said he heard reports of others leaking too. Apparently there is a pin hole in the engine casting. We’ll see how they fix this one.

I talked to the service writer at the dealer today and he said one of the new Rockets was leaking oil. He said he heard reports of others leaking too. Apparently there is a pin hole in the engine casting. We’ll see how they fix this one.
How about yours?

My opinion how they could treat it. The difference would be in "Triumph" label at the bottle and Union Jack from the other side.

Attachments

• 415Y87hjcyL._SX342_.jpg
    415Y87hjcyL._SX342_.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 88
:banghead:
Oil leak while riding = risk of a fall = $$$$ since no protection accessories... (yet ?)

Bad joke : TFC only ? :D

Last edited:
must be when the engine is under pressure...rode a 'R'...no leaks...its sitting on the showroom floor...no leaks...black one beside it ....no leaks....is it the TFC do they say?
The other thing that comes to mind is my 2016 when new 'leaked oil' from behind the oil tank...as have others...turns out it was grease melting and dribbling down. White spirits all around and blow dry with air gun and it was fixed. Made me frown for a while tho....maybe its something similar here.

:banghead:

must be when the engine is under pressure...rode a 'R'...no leaks...its sitting on the showroom floor...no leaks...black one beside it ....no leaks....is it the TFC do they say?
The other thing that comes to mind is my 2016 when new 'leaked oil' from behind the oil tank...as have others...turns out it was grease melting and dribbling down. White spirits all around and blow dry with air gun and it was fixed. Made me frown for a while tho....maybe its something similar here.

I remember having a similar experience when I bought my 2006 Rocket and thought it had an oil leak - it turned out to be the cosmoline they coat the engines with in the factory to protect them during shipping.

Back