Wade'sWorld

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph 2017 Rocket III
I was able to finally take my first ride since purchasing the bike a little over a month ago.. whew...the roads here in Wisconsin are very much full of sand,so caution was very top of the list.
First impression, loads of power even with it being just stock...I like it...It will be very easy to get a ticket, probably needs cruise. Not used to the turn signals not self canceling, have to train myself quickly there. Since I have small hands (don't even go there...lol) I need to look at different levers. I am really looking forward to getting out for a full day.

I was able to finally take my first ride since purchasing the bike a little over a month ago.. whew...the roads here in Wisconsin are very much full of sand,so caution was very top of the list.
First impression, loads of power even with it being just stock...I like it...It will be very easy to get a ticket, probably needs cruise. Not used to the turn signals not self canceling, have to train myself quickly there. Since I have small hands (don't even go there...lol) I need to look at different levers. I am really looking forward to getting out for a full day.
Riding on sand - Oh yes - that's fun. In the USA - look at ASV infinitely (pretty much) adjustable levers. And we meed Paul @Joesmoe to tell you all about Cruise.

For cruise control, the McCruise cruise control is the way to go: mccruise.com I had a problem with mine and Tony Guymer, one of the owners, diagnosed and fixed the problem with me over the phone. He is in Australia and I am in Florida, USA! Great customer service. It is a complicated installation. However, they have excellent instructions with photos. Take your time, follow the instructions step-by-step, and you can do it. It took me a weekend and a little more to get it done.

I recently took my first ride on my Rocket after surgery and also got into some sand on the road. Scary stuff. My Touring has self cancelling turn signals but my other two bikes do not and I frequently leave them on..Bad stuff. A lady recently almost pulled out of a parking lot in front of me when I left my right turn signal on.. She thought I was going to turn right into the parking lot.

I'll be in Crivitz visiting a friend this summer. I always enjoy visiting WI in spite of the 500 deer in every mile jumping out in front of me.

Edit: And I meant to say that's a great idea turning off the turn signal while shifting into second.

And I don't mean to hijack the thread but this is a pic I took from an old forest service tower in 2009. Beautiful state.
043Tower View (1408 x 1056).jpg

Last edited:
Back