Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Well my 15 R3T (with 500 miles on it) developed an oil leak so I had to put it in the shop for some warranty work. Turns out it was a leaking head gasket. I took the bike in the day after Thanksgiving and did not get it back till Dec 30th (they blamed Triumph not getting them the parts, techs that quit, etc.) missing over a month of, for the most part, great riding weather. Glad to say I have been able to ride every day since then even though the weather has not been the greatest (well, for us). Better late than never I guess. I am glad to be among the riding class again!

Well my 15 R3T (with 500 miles on it) developed an oil leak so I had to put it in the shop for some warranty work. Turns out it was a leaking head gasket. I took the bike in the day after Thanksgiving and did not get it back till Dec 30th (they blamed Triumph not getting them the parts, techs that quit, etc.) missing over a month of, for the most part, great riding weather. Glad to say I have been able to ride every day since then even though the weather has not been the greatest (well, for us). Better late than never I guess. I am glad to be among the riding class again!

Since you say they told you that they had some "techs" quit, I would certainly keep an eye on the valve cover gasket for leaks & also go back after a couple hundred miles & make sure the valve cover bolts are not loosening. no telling what they have for techs to replace the ones who quit. Can never be too safe ;)

Great news, good to hear your back on the road.
Dealers tend to come up with all sorts of bs in these situations, all that really matters is that you get the documentation for any future reference if needed... I know from my own experience with Triumph, they do wind down operations leading up to the festive season, as most do.

All I ever hear when members on here talking about Triumph dealers is just nightmares. I hope that there will never be a problem on my bike that I can't fix myself. If it's beyond my capabilities then I will have to take it in. However there is a place called Motorcycle Technologies less than 3 miles from my house. He mainly works on Harleys. However I've been in the back and talked to the guy and he seems real knowledgeable about bikes working parts. At the time he had a Harley that the rod broke and showed me the damage. I might ask him to fix my bike if needed. I'm trying to get him to buy a dyno but he seems reluctant to buy one. He seems to be on the fence about it. His business was less that 100 yds from my house at one time but he moved and bought his own location instead of renting a place.

I understand that it takes time to receive parts since 95% places don't stock Triumph parts. If I order something from BikeBandit it takes 3 weeks or more to get the parts. I would assume a Triumph dealer might receive their parts expedited compared to a regular joe but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback all, it helps us newbies to the Rocket zeitgeist when knowledge is shared. GPMAZ, the dealer in question is Ridenow Chandler have you dealt with them before? I am hoping that my experience in this instance is the outlier and not the norm with them although I am skeptical.

Before they were bought by Ridenow they were Arizona Superbike. They were never a very good dealership but they used to have a great head mechanic. He left to start his own shop, his name is Kyle. Unfortunately since you're still under warranty you are stuck with one of the dealerships. You could try GoAZ in Scottsdale. At least they're not owned by Ridenow. The best dealership was on 7th Ave in Phoenix but they closed years ago. If you need anything out of warranty I'd go to Kyle's shop. Here's a link:

2 Guyes Garage | Valley Motorcycle Service Shop

All I ever hear when members on here talking about Triumph dealers is just nightmares. I hope that there will never be a problem on my bike that I can't fix myself. If it's beyond my capabilities then I will have to take it in. However there is a place called Motorcycle Technologies less than 3 miles from my house. He mainly works on Harleys. However I've been in the back and talked to the guy and he seems real knowledgeable about bikes working parts. At the time he had a Harley that the rod broke and showed me the damage. I might ask him to fix my bike if needed. I'm trying to get him to buy a dyno but he seems reluctant to buy one. He seems to be on the fence about it. His business was less that 100 yds from my house at one time but he moved and bought his own location instead of renting a place.

I understand that it takes time to receive parts since 95% places don't stock Triumph parts. If I order something from BikeBandit it takes 3 weeks or more to get the parts. I would assume a Triumph dealer might receive their parts expedited compared to a regular joe but I could be wrong.

Anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks is not uncommon for me to wait...Our dealers in the west coast have to order through triumph oz who are on the east coast...everything gets double handled.

Glad to hear you are back on the road @Azisbest :thumbsup:

I had the same issue on mine, the first time I was told it was assembly grease excess, not even a month after purchase still had issue and had to get the gasket changed.

Back