Finally got my bike back after second update kit installed

atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
First to have the documentation is important. Second you have two objectives, one get the first dealer to pay the second dealer for repairs they were supposed to have made. Second Triumph to warrant the defective trans. To do at the same time you need an attorney. My suggestion is find one that is an aggressive litigator (someone that goes to court routinely). Most lawyers try to avoid court (hence the multitude of "out-of-court" settlements). Good luck with that. Now that it's back you need to spank it for poor behavior.

..it sucks big time that you had to spend $3400 in repairs for an obvious factory defect..was that $2700 at Martin's, then $700 at Manayunk?..anyhoo, hopefully all is well now..ride the wheels off of it......btw, sent ya a PM..

dang JR, I think I'd be lookin into a lawyer too at this point.
Not your fault it wasn't assembled correctly at the factory,
and again not your fault the first dealer didn't do a good job.
If Triumph has to eat part of it maybe they'll press their dealers a little harder for SUPERIOR performance.
Glad you're not bitter about it, and totally off Triumphs because of it.
the best part is, next spring, you've got a virtually new bike to ride.

Get out there and ride it. You will soon forget the heartache and pain when you get that grin on your face. The bike should be solid as a rock now that the job has been done correctly, so make it all worthwhile and rack up 100,000 miles or more.

..I agree with this sentiment..when it's rolling good, there's nothing like it..now that you've got it fixed (hopefully for good) put those lingering negative feelings out of your head and enjoy the beast the way it should be..I had one of those rides yesterday when all was just right with me and the beast (cept for that one corner I went into a little bit to hot)..the only bad thing was having to park it in the garage to early..ride capt'n ride..

I echo IDK's and rkt88's sentiments... and I sense your regret (buyer's remorse) is that it?

So you did absorb a higher overall cost to get the Rocket back into operation. But that money is spent/gone/history no matter how much you regret it. So forget about the expenditure(s). Enjoy your bike; you paid for it and you should now enjoy it.

Ride it till it breaks.
What have you got to lose? You'll never get your money back selling it, any way.
As the other gents said, it's time to get your moneys worth.

My "Mulberry Mistress" is an '07 that I purchased two years ago with 2700 miles on the clock. I confirmed with the original owner that she had received a complete "upgrade kit" repair prior to my acquiring her and she has given me nothing but smiles in the nearly 15,000 miles I have logged since she became mine. I don't think that you'll regret the decision to keep her and enjoy her if that is what you decide to do.:cool:

I too was recently denied financial assistance for an improperly installed bearing on the Rear Torsional Dampener Assembly.

To make matters worse, Triumph told them not to install the full update kit that I asked for and only the RTD Assy and new outer plate. They chose not to tell me.

They said my bike was too far out of Warranty (2005) and had too many miles (87,000).

Well, its running great now (except for the bad gas in Nebraska a few weeks ago) but I'm not sure if I'll keep bugging Triumph or not.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat if this one ever dies.

I too was recently denied financial assistance for an improperly installed bearing on the Rear Torsional Dampener Assembly.

To make matters worse, Triumph told them not to install the full update kit that I asked for and only the RTD Assy and new outer plate. They chose not to tell me.

They said my bike was too far out of Warranty (2005) and had too many miles (87,000).

Well, its running great now (except for the bad gas in Nebraska a few weeks ago) but I'm not sure if I'll keep bugging Triumph or not.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat if this one ever dies.
Now that's loyalty; well maybe a bad term for your future intention; but I can understand why you have that visceral longing for another Rocket.

Back