Finally got around to installing some bling

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Back about 4 years ago or so (maybe 3) I purchased a Touring fender rail kit from a forum member here. I figured it has been on the shelf long enough so I finally got around to putting it on. The rear was so easy a caveman could do it. The front was more of a challenge, it would have been much easier with the front wheel removed but those pesky Triumph instructions showed it going on with the front wheel on. It looks nice even though I broke the front badge so now it is badgeless, but that is OK, I already have plans for something up there. I figured while I was there I would add some special stickers to my top box also. Now I am ready to ride Friday. I will try to remember to get some decent pictures some day. The fender rail kit is not seen much on R3Ts because it is so hard to find and IIRC they only made it around 2008. One interesting note, I was missing 2 rubber grommets in the kit but for some reason 2Wheel Pros had them in stock, that was a lucky find for sure.

20170329_212143[1].jpg

20170329_212046[1].jpg

bob

Looks great. In your post you mention that the rails were only made around 2008? I've been looking for a rear rail kit and fender trim with no success so this must be the reason I can't find them either. I did manage to find what I was told by a dealer "the last" solo luggage rack in the US. Maybe a sales tactic but I bit and now have it installed.

I didn't even know they made a solo luggage rack for the touring. It probably was the last one. ;)

bob

Looks great. In your post you mention that the rails were only made around 2008? I've been looking for a rear rail kit and fender trim with no success so this must be the reason I can't find them either. I did manage to find what I was told by a dealer "the last" solo luggage rack in the US. Maybe a sales tactic but I bit and now have it installed.
The fender rails are not available commercially anywhere. I lucked out and happened to find them from another member here. Frankly, you're probably going to have to keep trolling until you find someone who has them on a shelf somewhere.

Thanks, I've been trolling for the last 3 weeks, calling dealers in Canada and the US and have dug up some obsolete items. I won't stop until I find all that I would like this bike to have. I was lucky many of the items were already on it but there are a few thing I would like to complete it. I don't want every option but I would like it to be dressed. I've never had a bike worth polishing so this is a new experience to me. So far I have been luck to find discounted items aside from the solo rock. My bike came 2 up ready but I personally like the look of the solo accessories.

Thanks, I've been trolling for the last 3 weeks, calling dealers in Canada and the US and have dug up some obsolete items.

Well, if you find someone who has a chrome oil tank, send me a PM. :p

Well, if you find someone who has a chrome oil tank, send me a PM. :p
Part number A9730136, I have seen one of these in the last three weeks and am having difficulty finding it now. If and when it comes to mind I will let you know. That is one item I came across that I prefered to stay black on my personal steed.

Back about 4 years ago or so (maybe 3) I purchased a Touring fender rail kit from a forum member here. I figured it has been on the shelf long enough so I finally got around to putting it on. The rear was so easy a caveman could do it. The front was more of a challenge, it would have been much easier with the front wheel removed but those pesky Triumph instructions showed it going on with the front wheel on. It looks nice even though I broke the front badge so now it is badgeless, but that is OK, I already have plans for something up there. I figured while I was there I would add some special stickers to my top box also. Now I am ready to ride Friday. I will try to remember to get some decent pictures some day. The fender rail kit is not seen much on R3Ts because it is so hard to find and IIRC they only made it around 2008. One interesting note, I was missing 2 rubber grommets in the kit but for some reason 2Wheel Pros had them in stock, that was a lucky find for sure.

20170329_212143[1].jpg

20170329_212046[1].jpg

bob

It looks really nice @Bob R and I like your trunk setup. With that said, I have to ask...... It looks like you put your deflectors upside down and on the wrong of the bike. The right is on the left and the left is on the right. The widest part was intended to be up with the mounting screw heads facing forward and the aluminum rod behind. Is there a reason you did that?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 5
It looks really nice @Bob R and I like your trunk setup. With that said, I have to ask...... It looks like you put your deflectors upside down and on the wrong of the bike. The right is on the left and the left is on the right. The widest part was intended to be up with the mounting screw heads facing forward and the aluminum rod behind. Is there a reason you did that?

I wanted the wider part lower, more in line with the handlebars. I don't have a wind tunnel but when I moved the deflectors from the short windshield to the tall one they seemed to be further away so I flipped them to maybe makes sure I have less chance of airflow over the grip area. My fingers get really cold once it gets below 35 or so so I want to make sure they are out of the wind.

bob

Back