Finally! ADV Monster M30 offroad (he he) spotlights INSTALLED

Willtill

Nitrous
Sweated me buttocks off in the shed this afternoon... finally figured out a way to mount these suckers that I received from Ms, Klaus last December.... Not really happy overall with the mounting mod's I had to do to get them to pivot and work... but they put out a HELL OF A LOT OF LIGHT... just what Hell on Wheels requires.... :thumbsup:

Even with the Eastern Beaver headlamp relay; the stock lighting still sucks. :|

I got these babies wired in with Posi-locks to the leftover/unused OEM headlamp plug wires from the Easter Beaver relay mod; so they will come on at high beam... but they will not modulate; since I have my other OEM lamp plug plugged into the Eastern Beaver relay and the OEM headlamps themselves have the Kisan master and slave modulating units installed in the circuit as well.

So I can select high beam during the day; and the headlamps will modulate and the illuminated death rays from the ADV Monster M30's will illuminate. Switch the headlamps on low and the modulation stops; as well as the M30's illuminated death ray(s).

Happy Happy Joy Joy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea man! Also btw... I forgot to add.....

When at night; the Kisan's Modulator sensor will detect the disappearing ambient light... and allow the high beam to operate in the normal manner (at night). So I still get the M30's functionality at night.

I believe in light. Lot's of light. Anything to get noticed on the roads around here. :cool:

1500 RAW lumens. But 3*500 - Which means bright close in - short throw. No mention of dispersion angle - I'll guess 20º or 45º.

.85Amp = approx 10W.

I'd like to see the TRUE luminosity numbers and beam pattern. So far ONLY seen this from one mfr - J.W.Speaker.

I've just uprated my LED conversions from Cree XM-l to XM-L2. Same consumption - more efficient, so they run colder too.
On paper 1800lumens - but that's snake oil - true raw maybe 1200. Effective - at a guess 700.

Not bad looking though.

One of these days I'll document a CHEAP way to make really small LED spotlights. I promise.

Any opinions on the Triumph lights? Im guessing they are pretty expensive compared to what you can get from ebay etc.
Well,

1) They're pretty.
2) They're halogen and get ruddy hot.
3) For we Europeans they have the advantage of being E-marked. They have a sharp FOG cut-off pattern.
4) They are far from being the MOST expensive out there.
5) They're far from being the worst or the best in terms of light spread. Mediocre.

I have the Triumph lights (purchased cheap in the UK - they still have some at half price http://www.totaltriumphtaunton.co.uk/buy/triumph-Rocket-III-Fog-Light-Kit/hjpA9738042rocketiii#eq1) plus a pair identical I found on E-Bay cheaper still, but without the switch/mounts/relay etc. Mine are now all converted to LED - by me using standard LED torch parts. One set FOG - One set VERY narrow long range.

Scott says he's snapped a bracket - and they do waggle.

Do you want FOG lights (dipped beams) or DRIVING lights (High beam)?. Makes a difference.

High beam - Ebay is full of all sorts of options. I have some Taiwan specials on the Land Rover. Fine but no dip cut off. Excellent on unlit country roads with no oncoming traffic.

Fogs - far less.

Do you want FOG lights (dipped beams) or DRIVING lights (High beam)?. Makes a difference.

High beam - Ebay is full of all sorts of options. I have some Taiwan specials on the Land Rover. Fine but no dip cut off. Excellent on unlit country roads with no oncoming traffic.

Fogs - far less.

Its the high beam I want.PLanning on doing some early morning and early evening riding in remote areas and Im looking for something to detect movement from animals on the verge far into the distance.
So probably something like Willtill installed would be the best.

What do you mean by "dip cut off"?

Back