Final drive transmissions upgrades?

Tim Forrest

Uk Pirate
Ride
3 Roadster
Hi,,I,m working on my Rocket as we speak,,and its still puzzling me,,that the Rocket,In my opinion is undergeared in top gear,,,she seems,for such a large engine,to be running to many revs at cruising speed,maybe its just me,,I only ride solo,,and only weigh just over 12 stone.so she,s always running light,She runs around 200 horse on the back wheel,with tons of torque,so say a nice cruising speed of say 80,,shes way up on the revs,and seems to be way to busy,I,m sure she could be dropped 500 Rpm easily,,and still have easily enough power to pull away at those sort of speeds without dropping a gear?
Back in the day we always geared our bikes to suit whatever we were doing,by swapping gears around and sprockets,I realise this is difficult to do with a shaft drive,but does anyone know of anyone who does final drive conversions? Ive looked every where but cant find one,surely its a pair bevel and crown wheel changeout,my opinion,,it would give the bike a way more relaxed cruise,
I note the new 2020 Rocket has 6 speed tranny,is this an overdrive trans,does any one know?,,If it is,,maybe Triumph have spotted this ?
Any Ideas? or is there no way out of this,? Thanks Tim

A member on here has engineered a 6th gear for the Rocket trans. Do a search for it.
I think a fella from Ireland.

Hi,,I,m working on my Rocket as we speak,,and its still puzzling me,,that the Rocket,In my opinion is undergeared in top gear,,,she seems,for such a large engine,to be running to many revs at cruising speed,maybe its just me,,I only ride solo,,and only weigh just over 12 stone.so she,s always running light,She runs around 200 horse on the back wheel,with tons of torque,so say a nice cruising speed of say 80,,shes way up on the revs,and seems to be way to busy,I,m sure she could be dropped 500 Rpm easily,,and still have easily enough power to pull away at those sort of speeds without dropping a gear?
Back in the day we always geared our bikes to suit whatever we were doing,by swapping gears around and sprockets,I realise this is difficult to do with a shaft drive,but does anyone know of anyone who does final drive conversions? Ive looked every where but cant find one,surely its a pair bevel and crown wheel changeout,my opinion,,it would give the bike a way more relaxed cruise,
I note the new 2020 Rocket has 6 speed tranny,is this an overdrive trans,does any one know?,,If it is,,maybe Triumph have spotted this ?
Any Ideas? or is there no way out of this,? Thanks Tim
@R-III-R Turbo has what uou want

This thread has all the details, page 28 is where the 6th gear side of the project hit the wall - and the only way through that wall is $$$$$.

The 2020 bikes do indeed have a 6th gear, but Triumph epic failed imo as the 6th gear ended up being slightly shorter overall than the old bikes' 5th gear. Just have more shifting to do, really...

1598461757993.png

I agree. Cruisin 100 m/h at 2000 revs with tons of torque should be possible. Les fuelconsumption for sure. I Posted my arguments about 1,5 year back at the forum.

Back