Final Drive Fill

fat frank

Supercharged
Just got through breaking in my new Roadster. i changed the oil using royal Purple and decided to change the final drive also, using Royal Purple. If it costs more, it has to be better.lol
Not a lot came out when I drained it. I reinstalled the drain plug and filled to the oil ran out of the filler. I slightly leaned it to the right on my jack. This would put a tad more than required by the manual. Somebody reassure me that it has enough gear oil in it. I probably didn't use 1/5 of the quart before it started running out of the fill hole.
Soem reassurance please.
later and thanks in advance

Frank, Frank, Frank More is not better when it comes to fluid levels. So now, if you see a wet spot from the vent tube don't flip out. It will be o.k.

yea, I put 3 gallons in it and 14 gallons of gas.

You should not have to change the oil again untill about 25000 miles plus your bike will have a range of 490miles:D as said do not overfill your levels on these bikes a wee bit is okay but do not go crazy.
I think everyone who has changed the final drive oil has ran back inside to double check online for the correct amount due to the fact that it only takes a mouthfullllll:D

Not having a manual to show capacities. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here. Didn't see much come out when I drained it, so I thought it was right. Just wanted someone to assure. Not be a smartass like some.
And which posts are you referring to. Just coming off of my highly modified Bonnie, and this car engine is new to me. Figured this site would be a good source like others I've used on my Bonnie. Do you just sit back and bash everybody new to these bikes with a question, or do you ever post up anything constructive?

We get a little "friendly" here at times Frank. Don't take anything personal....once they smell blood in the water you gotta watch out.:D

I have filled the same manner you have too. I do change the final drive every time I change the engine oil. The final drive takes so little and the old gear oil stinks when it drains out, I figure it can't hurt.

"Which posts are you referring to"

If you need an example...

"I leaned the bike over... This would put a tad more than required by the manual."

That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Back