final drive and driveshaft

Toddyboy

.040 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
So I need a driveshaft and final drive and I can only find touring and classic driveshafts. My dealer says they are unavailable and can't tell me if they are interchangeable just that the touring is definitely different.. I have found a final drive for $1000 but can get classics much cheaper .. And I haven't been able to find anything on the net so I'm asking your help I wanna ride my beast

So you have a Roadster which I believe has a different rear spline but I am not sure if it is identical or not to the touring which had a larger spline when it came out in 08. ALL Standards, Classics, and Classic Tourer have the smaller splines on the bevel box. Splines are like gears in a way so if you can find someone to measure the Outside Diameter and count the number of teeth on the spline You can determine if the splined end will work between the Touring and the Roadster. If I was a betting man I would bet they are same. IMO the only reason they changed them in 2008 was so no one mixed up the bevel boxes between the two. The touring having a 90 degree pitch cone and the other having a greater angle do to the fat arse tire. I doubt the angle would affect the length of the drive shaft enough to have to change it. What You Need is someone Like @Trirocket3 who might have one laying around measure it I can measure the pre 09 Classic,Standard Splines and shaft length if needed. I am sure someone out there has a extra Touring shaft or bevel box they can measure.

Some speculate Triumph did this to increase the strength but in my opinion the weakest link in the drive shaft is around the U-joint area Which is still very strong. Of course this is my opinion and I have not seen anyone break a drive shaft on any of the beast no matter what year. Since you have your bevel box out can you measure the outside diameter of the spline cup on it I want to compare the diameter to the Standard with the smaller spline?
Good luck I will keep my eye out for a shaft and bevel box as I think a grand is to much. Of course if everyone else thinks its a good price I have one for the early models that I would give up for that money :D

Check with pinwall cycles they may have one they are a junkyard and have use parts for many bikes

[QUOTE="warp9.9,. What You Need is someone Like @Trirocket3 who might have one laying around measure it I can measure the pre 09 Classic,Standard Splines and shaft length if needed. I am sure someone out there has a extra Touring shaft or bevel box they can measure.
Good luck I will keep my eye out for a shaft and bevel box as I think a grand is to much. Of course if everyone else thinks its a good price I have one for the early models that I would give up for that money :D[/QUOTE]
Yes Scott I have at least one bevel box maybe two, can't recall but they are early ones, did have a spare shaft but gave it to Rocketuk along with triple trees & other stuff.
So sorry cannot help.

I couldn't have okay so I was able to order a brand new drive shaft from a different dealer $400 Canadian not bad still on the hunt for a bevel box though as I don't quite have a grand handy

I have a roadster bevel box as a spare. I can take some pics if you like and I think they are about $2700 new

Back