Filter box chop

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
After realizing how useless the short ledge in the front of the filter box is, I decided to chop it off and glass up the hole. Removing it gave me plenty of room for the coolant tank and air horn. Even have room to add more stuff if needed.

filter box 1.JPG filter box 2.JPG image3.JPG filter box 4.JPG filter box 5.JPG

So with your oil breather did you put a filter on the end .
No, I bought a "u" shaped hose and attached a three inch copper pipe to the outlet end. Then passed the open (copper) end down along with the other drain lines. This allowed the pipe opening to be well below the engine opening (like the way we use to run breathers in the old days). This should allow free breathing with no worries about water or trash going up the pipe and into the engine. I think a filter is only needed if the hose opening above the engine opening.

No, I bought a "u" shaped hose and attached a three inch copper pipe to the outlet end. Then passed the open (copper) end down along with the other drain lines. This allowed the pipe opening to be well below the engine opening (like the way we use to run breathers in the old days). This should allow free breathing with no worries about water or trash going up the pipe and into the engine. I think a filter is only needed if the hose opening above the engine opening.

I like ya work and yes I totally agree on the no filter .

Are you concerned having the overflow below the radiator?
No, apparently many here have it like that with no problems. I will probably get a black anodized billet specialties 8.75" overflow tank and mount it just in front of the throttle cable bracket. That will free up the storage box even more.

Man those were the days! Look how simple. No stinking computers, fuel injectors, electronic ignition, or anything else requiring special digital programs to work on. Not sure what make it is but it does sport a mean looking high performance ram air intake snorkel.

Man those were the days! Look how simple. No stinking computers, fuel injectors, electronic ignition, or anything else requiring special digital programs to work on. Not sure what make it is but it does sport a mean looking high performance ram air intake snorkel.
Those were also the days when we all kept a butter knife in the glove compartment for those cold mornings when the choke butterfly would stick shut and flood the engine.

No, apparently many here have it like that with no problems. I will probably get a black anodized billet specialties 8.75" overflow tank and mount it just in front of the throttle cable bracket. That will free up the storage box even more.
I make a stainless steel overflow tank, polished or powder coated, been using it for over a year now.
IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG

Back