Feeling Sick.

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
I have read about the problems with early pre 2007 bike and thought mine had the upgrade fitted.Checking my Vin number and it's pre 337294 and although my bike is not showing any sighs of any problems i am now worried sick that i am riding a time bomb.

Going to contact Triumph asap.

It's actually pre 09 ;)
What's the mileage on yours? Seems like nearly all I've read about (and my own), the problems surfaced before 20k miles.

I have read about the problems with early pre 2007 bike and thought mine had the upgrade fitted.Checking my Vin number and it's pre 337294 and although my bike is not showing any sighs of any problems i am now worried sick that i am riding a time bomb.

worried sick? really? you can if you want, but i dont recommend it! ive been there and it aint worth it! just grin and ride that bike. do you know how many rockets there are out there that are pre upgrade, and running just fine? ugarte has 100000 miles on his. just one example:D

Ant, you are worryng for nothing, IDK has well over 100k on his bike, mine is an 05 and we just put 3600 miles on RAA, it turned 40k somewhere in Arizona, never had any problems other than tires and brakes, quit reading and start riding!!

Ive got an 05. If it blows it blows I will use it for spare parts when I go get another one. Saw a roadster with 2400 miles on it 2014 for 10999. Al

The rockets only done 9700 miles..I thought and was told that it was the silver engine that had a few problems and that the black engines were sorted.

From what some of you guys are saying...it's like a roll of a dice...I am not going to let this get in the way of enjoying the bike.

it's a crap shoot for sure.
No way of knowing or telling till she blows..
My wifes' is an 05 with the silver motor and pretty red paint job.
Mine is an 07 an the black on black combo, no trouble with either...
Well that wasn't owner induced...
Come to think of it, when mine was about 6 weeks old the rear end went out,
I'd forgot about that... yea, watch out for the black ones....
What color was yours again???

Back