fast idle after refit air box to throttle bodies

pete.triumph

Supercharged
Done my 16k valve check after putting everything back together
it started to fast idle about 2k for a few seconds before settling to 800rpm checked some threads on fast idle , seems throttles could be sticking so i gave it a spay with silicone spray & seemed to settle down quicker. so could i have put the three bodies out of alignment causing the butter fly valves to stick ? if so how to fix it :confused::confused:

Peter after checking to see if everything is free and not in a bind check the tps position and then the ISVC. Oh and make sure your throttle cables have the right amount of free play which I believe is about 3 mm. then we can check the balancing of them. If you check these out you might find a vacuum leak in one of the hoses from re assembling the beast. not to worry this is just soething you miss not major. Of course this is assuming you did not have to move the cams to change shims ANd have the timing right on the cams.

Peter after checking to see if everything is free and not in a bind check the tps position and then the ISVC. Oh and make sure your throttle cables have the right amount of free play which I believe is about 3 mm. then we can check the balancing of them. If you check these out you might find a vacuum leak in one of the hoses from re assembling the beast. not to worry this is just soething you miss not major. Of course this is assuming you did not have to move the cams to change shims ANd have the timing right on the cams.

thanks warp , i did have to remove cams and shim 1 inlet ands 5 exhaust, one inlet was .16 and 5 exhaust .21/.22 & one .14 got them with in range .10-.15mm in .15-.20mm ex timing triple checked ok. cam chain seemed a bit loose when first took off cam cover 3mm play could hear it when riding. when assembled I lightly pushed cam tensioner while rotating crank shaft to take up free play. i did take r3 for a short ride after runs smoother power wise no noticeable difference just that fast idle for a few secs after backing off throttle , ill double check hoses cables ok i'll check next the (tps)throttle position sensor
,sorry to be dumb but what is (isvc). thank again

thanks warp , i did have to remove cams and shim 1 inlet ands 5 exhaust, one inlet was .16 and 5 exhaust .21/.22 & one .14 got them with in range .10-.15mm in .15-.20mm ex timing triple checked ok. cam chain seemed a bit loose when first took off cam cover 3mm play could hear it when riding. when assembled I lightly pushed cam tensioner while rotating crank shaft to take up free play. i did take r3 for a short ride after runs smoother power wise no noticeable difference just that fast idle for a few secs after backing off throttle , ill double check hoses cables ok i'll check next the (tps)throttle position sensor
,sorry to be dumb but what is (isvc). thank again
Actually I meant ISCV idle stepper control voltage it gets synchronized withthe TPS sercuit.

Back