Fantastic Read About Induction and Extraction

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I’ve not found an easier to read and understand article regarding the “5 cycle” engine, no not that new fangled crap Toyota is touting.

It’s layman terms but it’s quite good info, in particular the way he frames the difference between intake tuning and exhaust tuning, and why one is so much stronger than the other.

Auto Exhaust Science

His resonance chamber concept to terminate he pulse tunignI find most interesting, there is space to use on the rocket....

Ozriders new header incorporates s lot of what is discussed in the article.

I’ve not found an easier to read and understand article regarding the “5 cycle” engine, no not that new fangled crap Toyota is touting.
It’s layman terms but it’s quite good info, in particular the way he frames the difference between intake tuning and exhaust tuning, and why one is so much stronger than the other.
Auto Exhaust Science

Hey!
If a 717cc cylinder has 11:1 compression, would not that add 65.2cc and not 71.7cc, = 782.2cc? :roll:

"Just to set the record straight, a cube of air 100 feet square will weigh 38 tons!"
1 cubic foot of air weighs .0807 pounds; therefor, 100 cubic foot should weigh 8.07 pounds.

I think the way he worded it, he probably calculated 100*100*100

Hey!
If a 717cc cylinder has 11:1 compression, would not that add 65.2cc and not 71.7cc, = 782.2cc? :roll:

"Just to set the record straight, a cube of air 100 feet square will weigh 38 tons!"
1 cubic foot of air weighs .0807 pounds; therefor, 100 cubic foot should weigh 8.07 pounds.

And this is why every publication should have editors, no matter how seasoned the author in question.

Hey!

If it is on the Inter-Web IT MUST BE TRUE - How dare you use basic mathematics in public :p

And it has a mass of .0807 - it's weight would depend on the gravitational forces applied.

If it is on the Inter-Web IT MUST BE TRUE - How dare you use basic mathematics in public :p

And it has a mass of .0807 - it's weight would depend on the gravitational forces applied.
At sea level air puts a pressure of 14.7 psi. But that's actually the hydrostatic pressure because of the column of air above being pulled down by gravity.

Back