Fantastic BMW R100RS carves up some ****** rockets.

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Awesome display of what an aircooled old time twin can do in the right hands!

Gotta watch it for the 3rd time now!

I'm still trying to work out where in Oz this was but some of you must know.

Turns out it is the same road as the one below near Tallangatta and Granya.

After all the controversy and view count went up heaps, some started posting how the police use these speedo shots to charge the rider so he has removed the original and provided a third below. The second below still works too!

Last edited:
One thing that struck me - the amount of time that engine was WELL into the redline.
Makes me think it's maybe not stock.

But there are reasons why old Beemers and Guzzis are still sought after. That's one.

Finally spotted his location on this one, no wonder it seemed familiar country C546 Tallangatta and Granya. Near Yackandandah, Myrtleford and Bright in NE Victoria Alpine Shire where my Mum's family all come from.;):D

Gotta go for a ride down there again, anyone coming!

Google Maps

upload_2017-8-16_18-5-9.png

upload_2017-8-16_17-53-2.png

Last edited:
Thanks, that was awesome. Looks like two of those riders were checking their mirrors rather than worrying about what was in front of them, small lack of concentration. Victorian high country, beautiful

Yep great country with heaps of back country roads and where I am planning to settle in a few years. A shed on a rural block with a c'van or donga underneath and all my toys. I spent all of my teenage year's 2 week May holidays on my Uncle's Jack's farm at Rosewhite near Myrtleford in the Ovens Valley. Sadly he died in 2005 aged 83 after my Aunty Essie died at 72 in 1995. I saw him regularly on my 10,000 km drive trips down from Darwin and loved sharing some stout and a yarn on the riverbank or up Mt Buffalo and drives to Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain. I better stop or I'll get all teary ;):D

Lovely roads . I would has at a guess the beemer rider was very familiar with them ?
Great fun to watch tho . :thumbsup:

Finally spotted his location on this one, no wonder it seemed familiar country C546 Tallangatta and Granya. Near Yackandandah, Myrtleford and Bright in NE Victoria Alpine Shire where my Mum's family all come from.;):D

I know it's in Victoria, but it looks a lot like the Adelaide Hills. There are some great riding places around Adelaide and around Perth too.

Not to sound to much like mom, but I'm alarmed by the amount of time spent in the oncoming lane. Not for me.

Yeah, if it was TT one way OK but you ride like that on our twisties and trouble will find you. Good riding class though. Enter the turn late, apex and throttle out performed very well. I wish I had those skills.

Back