Famous words ::::::::its on backlog

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Have you ever heard a parts guy say ........

1. I'll call you when they call me......

2. Its on back order...........

3. Its on Backlog..........

4. Call me in a week........

I go nuts when I hear these words......Then I ask for a specific date...

and to call me if a reschedule has to take place......

Is this too much to ask for ?

Busted........:cool:

No its not too much too ask for. I assume you mean a little customer service !!
This is what I believe to be the essence of the breakdown in american retail.
Companies overcharge then do not deliver. Then when you question them they catch an attitude like your the one with the issue.

I've always maintained that just give me what i paid for. And be honest. If its gonna be longer then fine but dont string me along.

So the good thing about american retail is there are usually more than a couple of places to purchase from. So I learn my lesson once when burned then buy from somebody else. Oh yeah I make sure the other company is aware that I went somewhere else instead of them. Tastefully though !!!:D

mutt

I agree, it sucks.. But in all fairness, if you are refering to a dealer there is NO real anticipation of when a part will be delivered.. All they can normally tell you is if it is in stock and normally arrives within a couple of days..

If something is backordered or unavailible in the local warehouse, there's no way in they can rub a crystal ball and tell you it will arrive in three weeks.. Would you rather have a guess of an answer and then be even more upset when it isn't there as scheduled??

I worked for a very short while at a dealer who had the habit of waiting until he had a large enough order to cover shipping so he wouldn't order your parts. It really sucked when you needed a part for an upcoming event. I didn't stay there too long.

This will be a good test. I closed the deal on my R3T last fri ( 1-30-09). The dealer said
my AUX lights will be in next week (essentially this week). Then I gave him another week to install and arrange a delivery date. So just for fun I will call him to see when the part arrives. Even if it doesnt I wont scream and yell so as to not skew the results of the test !!!!:D:D (still cracking myself up!!) Then Post back here.
Even though this does not even come close to covering the average of the above-I need a reason to stop in to see my kick arse rocket on the showroom floor with a big sign thats says "PLEASE DONT SIT ON ME I HAVE BEEN SOLD!!!!!"

mutt

Even though this does not even come close to covering the average of the above-I need a reason to stop in to see my kick arse rocket on the showroom floor with a big sign thats says "PLEASE DONT SIT ON ME I HAVE BEEN SOLD!!!!!"

mutt

When I got mine it was still in the crate. I told them when I wanted to pick it up and they had it ready to go. They needed 2 days and everything was ready and in good order.
They really did a good job.
I never did get to see my bike in the showroom.

This will be a good test. I closed the deal on my R3T last fri ( 1-30-09). The dealer said
my AUX lights will be in next week (essentially this week). Then I gave him another week to install and arrange a delivery date.
Keep in mind that many of us got the aux lights missing one of the required wiring harnesses.. It would be interesting to know if Triumph still has boxes of unchecked accesories...
When my dealer called them about the missing part, they knew exactly what was missing and sent one straight away..

Keep in mind that many of us got the aux lights missing one of the required wiring harnesses.. It would be interesting to know if Triumph still has boxes of unchecked accesories...
When my dealer called them about the missing part, they knew exactly what was missing and sent one straight away..

Thats exactly what I told them and he kind of gave me a look like he didnt get what I was saying. But hes just the salesman and after talking with him I figured out he doesnt know much about the technical aspects of the bike.

SO as Im getting ready for work tonight, I see the answering machine blinking. Go through the caller ID see the dealership number and got a funny feeling in my stomach.
Well it was a message from the dealer that asked me to call them. So not sure what it is hopefully nothing major. Will call tommorow to get the specifics.

mutt

If my dealer's parts and service dept's were half as attentive as the sales dept they might be tolerable. What drove me nuts was when the water pump was leaking I called and told them "hey, my water pump is leaking ... when can I get it replaced?" The answer was "well, we have to look at it 1st ... to be sure it's leaking. Then if it is, we have to order one." I told them "well, it is leaking ... can't you just order the part, let me know when it's in and I'll come in then?" I hate throwing this repair shops but I was an ASE certified master mechanic for 20yrs, I think I know when a water pump shaft seal has failed or was bad out of the box. Anyway, he said that it was Triumphs policy, not theirs and that was that. So two trips later and 3 weeks waiting for the part, 4 weeks waiting for a service apointment ... they replaced the leaking water pump.
I was amazed they didn't stock a water pump in the 1st place, hell aren't they the same for every year bike? Customer service has really gone down the tubes, especially here on the east coast. It's like nobody cares about anything anymore.:mad:

Back