Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I was to post this last night for the friend who bought my Touring and couldn't figure out why I couldn't post a new thread. Duh...Not logged in which I discovered this morning. Cam is working long hours so I said I'd make the query.

In any event, Cam has had a recurring false neutral light. I believe it was between 2nd and 3rd gear. After much effort getting the new (upgraded) wiring harness installed, which I believe he said it went from three pin contact to four, he has no neutral light at al. The bike starts up and runs fine though. He has yet to take it out for a spin because of his demanding work schedule and weather.

So, any ideas? We spoke yesterday about a 12 minute tune, which I thought was odd, but then he mentioned how a faulty neutral switch could be reflected in a specific running condition. Sorry but I can't recall specifically which issue he mentioned.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my '09 had an indicator switch failure early on. My dealer was aware of the problem and replaced it immediately. I've had no further issues.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my '09 had an indicator switch failure early on. My dealer was aware of the problem and replaced it immediately. I've had no further issues.

I mentioned to Cam that I seem to recall that issue on my 07 Classic which was repaired under warranty. There was apparently a 2013 Touring recall for this so it's odd that they didn't include the 09s.

I mentioned to Cam that I seem to recall that issue on my 07 Classic which was repaired under warranty. There was apparently a 2013 Touring recall for this so it's odd that they didn't include the 09s.
The two that were in the showroom of which mine was included, both had failures.

Last edited:
Back