Factory did not install tank bushings

IMDave

.020 Over
2011 R3T

Noticed some scratches on the top of my triple tree. Ends up the issue was:

Triumph forgot to install the rubber bushings for mounting the gas tank. The tank bounced around (I didn't notice anything) and broke the front mounting bracket, causing the tank to drop onto the triple tree. Fortunately, it just scratched, rather than preventing me from steering.

Re: reply

The dealer in Modesto is going to fix it, and replace the triple tree, under warranty, which is good. I was planning on taking that ride to Carmel today though... Kinda bummed I missed it. Bike will be in the shop for a week+.

make sure the underside of your tank is repainted and there is no stress fractures around any welds the last thing you want is a tank that start emptying itself all over a hot mottor out the back o woop woop:rolleyes:

I should order a replacement for mine, shortly after I bought it one of them broke off the frame. I reattached it with a screw and it works fine, but it bothers me that it's not like the other side ... maybe I should break the other one and fix it the same way so I don't think about it so much. LOL

Back