Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,

Have any of you ever tried the Triple D exhaust for the Roadster?
Maker claims it needs no remap.
How's the sound and power?

Thanks,
s-l1600.jpg

Want a better running engine? Want more power?
Spend you money on a good header system and intake.
Huge, really huge improvement!

If you open exhaust and air you need a good dyno tune.
Just one change should be handled by your ECU.
Others with more knowledge will chime in . . .

I have it on mine. It is STUPID loud, but he sent me a "quiet" baffle for it. It's still loud, but tolerable. With a RamAir filter and a tune it gained a few HP on the dyno.
IMHO, it's overpriced for what you get, it has a bad system for attaching the flex pipe that connects the muffler to the header. The flex pipe and the header outlet are 2 different sizes, so he includes this piece of metal to make up the difference. Mine was constantly leaking at the header connection. I finally ended up wrapping some aluminum foil in there to stop the leaks. I tried some header wrap, but it kept blowing out. The muffler has very ugly welds on it, but it's covered up by the shield, so you don't see it.
I wish I had just saved up for a Viking Exhaust system, but oh well, at least my bike isn't whisper quiet anymore!

I had one. It’s crude, and inexpensive if that’s what your after. I remapped with the TORS tune.

the problems I encountered were the chrome discolored, and the pipe hit the ground before the foot peg. Not what you want!

Get a good system. It’s more money, but you will be happy you did!

I had one. It’s crude, and inexpensive if that’s what your after. I remapped with the TORS tune.

the problems I encountered were the chrome discolored, and the pipe hit the ground before the foot peg. Not what you want!

Get a good system. It’s more money, but you will be happy you did!
Thanks,changed my mind.

I have it on mine. It is STUPID loud, but he sent me a "quiet" baffle for it. It's still loud, but tolerable. With a RamAir filter and a tune it gained a few HP on the dyno.
IMHO, it's overpriced for what you get, it has a bad system for attaching the flex pipe that connects the muffler to the header. The flex pipe and the header outlet are 2 different sizes, so he includes this piece of metal to make up the difference. Mine was constantly leaking at the header connection. I finally ended up wrapping some aluminum foil in there to stop the leaks. I tried some header wrap, but it kept blowing out. The muffler has very ugly welds on it, but it's covered up by the shield, so you don't see it.
I wish I had just saved up for a Viking Exhaust system, but oh well, at least my bike isn't whisper quiet anymore!
Thanks, changed my mind.

When I installed mine, I did notice how low the pipe sat. I immediately modified the bracket to raise the pipe up. It now sits so that the center of the pipe is inline with the axle nut.
I'm glad I did that before riding it, especially if you're saying it scrapes! I have ridden the Tail of the Dragon with my modded pipe and the footpeg is what scrapes first, as it should!

Back